• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Panic! I changed maximal_queue_lifetime then checked it to find this strange reply

Ksech

Basic Pleskian
I changed maximal_queue_lifetime to one day, then checked it.
I do have mime_header_checks but I didn't expect to see this - plus the lack of a space there also concerns me.
I'm not sure what this will do, if I should be worried, or how to fix it if it really is a problem.
ANY suggestions greatly appreciated - I'm worried!

Code:
# postconf | grep maximal_queue_lifetime
maximal_queue_lifetime = 1d
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_header_checksmaximal_queue_lifetime = 1d

YIKES.
Check my maillog and it's got a bunch of these errors now:

postfix/cleanup[17366]: error: open /etc/postfix/mime_header_checksmaximal_queue_lifetime: No such file or directory

ok I think I fixed it - opened main.cf and sure enough - mime_header_checks was previously the last line in the file, and following the instructions here made it append that line instead of starting a new line.

My guess - I didn't have a blank line at the end of the file. Is that a fair assumption? If so, lesson learned!

Back