• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 won't upgrade to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0.2

U

unco

Hi -

No matter what I do, I can't get 9.0.0.2 installed. I've used the control panel and the command line, and I still only see 9.0.0 as being the current version.

2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 (currently installed)

Is there some step I'm missing?

Thanks,
Beth

Hi -

No matter what I do, I can't get 9.0.0.2 installed. I've used the control panel and the command line, and I still only see 9.0.0 as being the current version.

2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 (currently installed)

Is there some step I'm missing?

Thanks,
Beth

Hi

The control panel will always say this still, as it does not show the update eg. this is Update 2 (9.0.0.2), and will always just show 9.0.0

Thanks
Terry

Thanks for the reply. I feel better about that, although my mailman issue still remains. :( Did the upgrade kill your customers' ability to use mailman?

I am having exactly that problem. I have a incident open with tech support at this time.

Mailman is very broken after the upgrade to 9.0.0. The latest patches don't fix it.

I opened a ticket too, some days ago. No response at all.

I actually didn't apply the patches yet.

Thanks for the reply. I feel better about that, although my mailman issue still remains. :( Did the upgrade kill your customers' ability to use mailman?

Unfortunately I dont believe we use mailman, please let me know how to check this as we only use the server for our own use and not to resell hosting etc.

is there a way to check if 9.0.0.2 is installed?

Yes. If you check the Components page within Plesk. Mine is reporting:
9.0.0-cos5.build90081117.17

That means I'm running 9.0.

9.0.0.2 should report build90081222.17

Unfortunately I've been trying to update daily to no avail. It tells me there's an update there, but when the update runs, the email I get says I'm up to date and it exits out of the update process.

Log in as root in shell and run the plesk installer it will update any old components to 9.002.

Forget doing it in the GUI it constantly will fail.

I've run the auto-installer and still am not getting the latest build. I must be doing something wrong!

Some components are upgraded, some not.
How to deal with this?
Running autoinstaller (command line) doesn't fix the problem.

psa9.0.0-cos5.build90081117.17
psa-drweb-configurator 9.0.0-cos5.build90081117.17
psa-manual-custom-skin-guide 9.0.0-cos5.build90081117.17
psa-api-rpc 9.0.0-cos5.build90081208.07
psa-backup-manager 9.0.0-cos5.build90081208.07
psa-migration-manager 9.0.0-cos5.build90081208.07
psa-spamassassin 9.0.0-cos5.build90081222.11
psa-qmail 1.03-cos5.build90081222.11
psa-proftpd 1.3.1-cos5.build90081117.17
courier-imap 3.0.8-cos5.build90081222.11
psa-atmail 5.3-cos5.build90081222.11

My main issue, broken Mailman, has been a problem since right before the holidays (almost 2 weeks now). Is there anyone who has corrected things? At this point, I need to pay someone to fix it. There's been no reply to my ticket through the online form.

Come to think of it, last time I had to ask for help, I opened a ticket and got no help either. Someone on the forum actually helped me.

Unco, Mailman is my same issue too. It sounds like Parallels doesn't even want to make money on the support of its products, just new licenses. Is there some support contract clause they're breaking by not responding to your support request? I'd try and get my money back or take them to small claims at least.

I don't pay them for support bacause I know this is what usually happens. If I did and I was in your shoes, they'd remember me and make sure they answered my requests when they come in.

Well, it gets better. I opened a paid support incident and they swear that they just tested the mailing list and it appeared to be working just fine. So i reneabled all the accounts that had committed suicide by excessive bouncing and the lists are alive.

So I can't tell you what they did. Unfortunately.

But my mailman lists are working.

May I suggest doing what they said they did:

Added themself to a list
Sent a test email
It worked.

Perhaps the mere act of adding a user to the list supplies whatever misssing detail that we don't understand. I would not bet on it, but It's the only feedback I can leave here. Sorry.

Thanks. I tried this, but my messages just all sit in the queue. I wonder why nobody has responded to my requests for help at all?

Philb, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work for me either. Still getting the same error.

preline: fatal: unable to run /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper: file does not exist

Not sure how adding a user would fix this, but as usual, its the same tricks the Plesk support staff has been up to over the years. Pay them and it magically works but they won't say a word about what they did, nor fix their software. They're like the mob. You pay for an update thats supposed to work... and you have to pay them more for it to actually work. I wonder if we could get some state AG to sue them for shady business practices or file a class action.

I don't get that error anymore after I restored mm_wrapper from a backup just to see what would happen. The messages just sit there in the queue though.

Even if you wanted to open a ticket now, you'd only see this message:

Our Support Centers are in the process are being integrated. Thanks for your patience as we build a new Support Center to serve you better.

I've tried to send email directly to support, but I get an autoresponder that tells me my ticket is closed. It was an old one that I was credited for when my last issue was unresolved (ended up fixing it myself).

My problem is that my years of experience are related to sendmail and not qmail. I'm so unfamiliar with qmail that I don't know what to do. We only have one Plesk server. The rest are Ensim/Parallels Pro. We only started using Plesk to try out Sitebuilder for customers.

Right now I'm trying Virtualmin on someone's suggestion. Mailman works on there. :)

Does other mail go out? My symptom was that other mail was working, Mailman could deliver to local mailboxes on the machine, but could not deliver to mailboxes off the machine. And, eventually, due to what my machine considered bounces, the accounts became disabled one at a time.

Philb, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work for me either. Still getting the same error.

Not sure how adding a user would fix this, but as usual, its the same tricks the Plesk support staff has been up to over the years. Pay them and it magically works but they won't say a word about what they did, nor fix their software. They're like the mob. You pay for an update thats supposed to work... and you have to pay them more for it to actually work. I wonder if we could get some state AG to sue them for shady business practices or file a class action.

Ok, I did manually fix that bug earlier, but it was not my only problem. What I did was to add a symlink to that file in the directory mentioned in the error message. The only place I found that file was in /usr/lib/plesk-9.0, so I did something like:

cd \var\qmail\bin
ln -s /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mm_wrapper mm_wrapper

That did get rid of that error, but there appeared to be other problems.

Do an updatedb and then locate mm_wrapper and see if you find it the same place I did. If you did, add the symlink.

Ok, I did manually fix that bug earlier, but it was not my only problem. What I did was to add a symlink to that file in the directory mentioned in the error message. The only place I found that file was in /usr/lib/plesk-9.0, so I did something like:

cd \var\qmail\bin
ln -s /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mm_wrapper mm_wrapper

That did get rid of that error, but there appeared to be other problems.

Do an updatedb and then locate mm_wrapper and see if you find it the same place I did. If you did, add the symlink.

Weird. I tried to move the file the other day and that resulted in the message getting blackholed and no error. Symlinking appears to work though.

Back