• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Partitioning hard disks

E

egate

Hi,

Can anyone reconmend a partitioning scheme for Plesk 7 for Windows? What size does the system partition need to be and is there anything I need to know about what gets stored where? I've a 76Gb hard disk & 2003 Web edition.

Many Thanks

Jonny

Well it would be wise if you created 2 partitions. One for the OS and one for plesk. A good setup would be 10gb for the OS and the rest for Plesk. You could get away with 5 gigs for the OS but 10 gives you head room for the future. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for that. I'll try 10Gb. Will post any info I gain. Seems to be little/no info in the docs on partitioning for plesk in either Windows or Linux. To think I still have a 386 laptop with an 80mb HDD! :)

Personally I'd advise against two partitions because you will never achieve optimum balance between the "data" drive capacity and the "OS" drive capacity (i.e. you never know exactly what your future drive capacity requirements will be).

Also, Plesk 7 for Windows stores all of the log files within C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles folder, no matter where you set the Plesk install to be. We have recently started running out of space on our C partition due to this. :(

Would there not be security concerns on having the one partation for OS and data?

Would there not be security concerns on having the one partation for OS and data?
This is one of the reasons we opted for 2 partitions, but I think the default approach some datacenters are taking is the single partition since it's easier.

Hi,

Also, Plesk 7 for Windows stores all of the log files within C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles folder

You can change the path in the registry .

Back