1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

-passwd_type crypt nolonger works

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by SymbioteK, Apr 30, 2006.

1. SymbioteK

SymbioteK Guest

hi im trying to migrate a server to plesk 8
    i have written a script to create all of the accounts using the passwords from the old server

unfortunatly -passwd_type crypt
    doesn`t seam to work ???

i am using

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail.sh -c <Mailname>@<Domain> -passwd '<Encrypted_Pass>' -passwd_type plain -cp_access true -mailbox true

The script will return

Can't create mailname:
    Wrong syntax for option's '-passwd_type' parameter

2. seven_eleventy

seven_eleventy Guest

I am getting the exact same error. What was "-passwd_type" changed to? Can I just leave it out or do I use another parameter?

3. seven_eleventy

seven_eleventy Guest

I am getting the exact same error. What was "-passwd_type" changed to? Can I just leave it out or do I use another parameter?

4. SymbioteK

SymbioteK Guest

its changed to encrypted

-passwd_type <plain|encrypted> specifies the type of mailbox
    password, ignored if no password
    specified

took me a while to work it out :mad:

5. seven_eleventy

seven_eleventy Guest

I'm sorry, after I posted I realized that my error is actually quite different. I don't get a syntax error, mine is actually a non-existent option. Here's what is says:

Cannot create domain: Unrecognizeable option: '-passwd_type'

Apparently they have taken it out in release 8.