1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Password of IWAM_plesk(default) Windows Account

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by noldor, Sep 28, 2008.

1. noldor

noldor Guest

Hi.
    I've accidently changed the windows username of Plesk Default Application Pool on IIS Application Pool Settings on Identity Tab. I was thinking that i was editing properties of another my custom application pool.
    And now i can not add the old user name "IWAM_plesk(default)" for Plesk Default Pool to fix this. Because it requires the correct password for that user. What is the password of that "IWAM_plesk(default)" windows account or how can i find it?? I didn't want to change its password from Control Panel because maybe the password is being used by Plesk Panel on some settings..
    Please support??

2. prince

prince Regular Pleskian

53%
    you can reset the password for the iwam account from the computer management and give the same password under
    the application pool properties.

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

Set it to be what ever you like - it will accept it.
    Then go into the metabase and change the Auth string to be the same as another working site, iisreset /restart and your good.

4. NELMGR

NELMGR New Pleskian

Hello,

I have the same problem, but I'm not sure what a metabase is, could anyone give me an idiots guide?

5. Amin Taheri

I would suggest reading up the subject from Microsoft. Here is a very basic overview of the metabase
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240941

After that if you still need general answers to questions like that I would refer you to google.

6. OmarSbutt

OmarSbutt New Pleskian

20%
    @Amin Taheri..Dear Amin can you tell me how to change password of IIS node in PPA after we add it through wizard??

7. Amin Taheri

Hi Omar,

Could you elaborate on what you mean? I dont think Plesk 8.x for windows is compatible with PPA, and Im not sure what IIS password you are referring to. If you are using local accounts you would do it through the user manager in windows - you can use one of the resources listed here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756862(v=ws.10).aspx