• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Performance (bandwidth limiting)

G

goge

Hi,

After the upgrade to version 8.3 I noticed the new feature "Performance" for domains. Unfortunately the page appears but there is no icon/button to switch bandwidth limiting on. I can see that bandwidth and connection limiting is set to unlimited but there is nothing I can do than click on OK or Cancel.

How do I switch this service on per domain ? Or do I need to switch the service on for the all domains before activating it for each single domain ?

Thanx.

By default only when you are logged in as an admin or as root you are able to change the status of this object. As admin in my plesk-environment I have the ability to grant users permission by checking "Hosting performance settings management" on the Client Permission page.

Hi,

I logged in as admin but unfortunately I still can't see the "Switch on bandwidth limiting" button.

Does bandwidth limiting work with shared IP-addresses or do I need to allocate each site an exclusive IP-address to use this feature ?

It should work with shared IP-adresses, I have about 20 websites running on 1 shared ip just doing fine. I have no idea why your are not able to see the button. As far I can tell it is not possible to hide this feature by license.

Hi,
i have the same Problem, I still can't see the "Switch on bandwidth limiting" button.

Michael

it's called "performance" on my system and has two tick boxes one for limit on kb and one for limit on sessions. But first I had to install an extra component from the updater

I have installed Bandwidth Limiter For Apache support (mod_bw) but i have no buttons with performance?

Personally I found mod_bw very lacking, and opted to use mod_cband instead, it does all the same stuff (minus the plesk GUI integration) and also provides me with a real time bandwidth comsumption and usage report seperated by vhost.

Hi NetWhiz are you the person from smoothwall.org?

You find performence under each domain there you can limit if you want.
I havent tried it yet to see how it affect each domain

Hi NetWhiz are you the person from smoothwall.org?

You find performence under each domain there you can limit if you want.
I havent tried it yet to see how it affect each domain

Yes I am. :)

I have the button, but when I go into Performance I am not presented with the option to enable any either setting. I did install mod_bw for Apache as well.

i didnt do nothing install it just came up

nice to see you here though

I installed mod_bw myself and not through the command line autoinstaller. Once I did that, it started to work.

Back