1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Perl and sendmail URL ??

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by keymasterdk, Sep 6, 2006.

1. keymasterdk

keymasterdk Basic Pleskian

73%
    Hi

I have buyed a new software and try to install it on one of my domains on my plesk server, but the program askes for 2 things that i dont have :

1: Please enter your servers Path To Perl
    2: Path To SendMail

What is the url to them ? i have Pearl checked the perl box in settings on the domain ! please help

Regards John

2. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    A quick search for perl.exe on my windows box gave me this path:

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Perl\bin

As for sendmail, that's technology that normally used on Linux servers and not on Windows servers. Are you sure you are trying to install a product that is compatible with Windows?

3. keymasterdk

73%
    Hi

Ahhh i see that means that i can tell my costermers when they want to connect to pearl they can use this url : C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Perl\bin am i right ?????

Regars John

4. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    Well,

It really depends on what you want to do, but no normally your customers don't have to know where Perl is located unless they want to use it from the command line.

5. Shorts

Shorts Guest

2. if yo want to use SendMail your stuffed, Windows does not use sendmail, we are trying to get SW-Soft what the alterative on plesk is, but as per usual their support is shocking

6. keymasterdk

73%
    Hi

Thank you for your answer, but i find it not secure that users of my servers has or must use the direct path to anything. i cant understand why it is not made so that plesk makes a folder eg. /perl/ where we have the other folders like /httpdocs/ or /cgi-bin/

Regards John

7. arisd

arisd Basic Pleskian

90%
    SendMail is not originally in windows - but there are a lot of sendmail programs for windows.

I found one that works like a charm - without bugs.

folder "sendmail" contains 4 files:
    sendmail.exe
    sendmail.ini (configuration file)
    debug.log
    error.log

I usualy put sendmail folder and files in folder /cgi-bin on every hosting that needs sendmail - than set write permission on files debug.log and error.log to IUSR_hosting_acc and in perl files path to sendmail I set "sendmail/sendmail.exe" and works...

If anyone needs it mail me: aris@diskom.si

Aris, www.slohost.net