• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Perl error after upgrade to 7.5.4 on FreeBSD 5.3

horosho

New Pleskian
Hello,
I was able to upgrade my Plesk to 7.5.4 and almost everything seems to be working correctly except for psadump and Spam Assasin (and presumably anything else that relies or Perl).

psadump gives the following error:
Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5 . /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach /usr/local/psa//mach /usr/local/psa/ /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach /usr/local//mach /usr/local/ /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/BSDPAN) at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 8.

however:
pdp8# find / -name "DBI.pm"
/usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach/DBI.pm
/usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach/Bundle/DBI.pm
/usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/DBI.pm
/usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/Bundle/DBI.pm

so it is there, Perl/Plesk's just got the path wrong.

with Spam Assassin it's:
Can't locate HTML/Parser.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach /usr/local//mach /usr/local/ /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach /usr/local/psa//mach /usr/local/psa/ /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/BSDPAN) at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 7.

with this one, HTML/Parser.pm is at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/HTML/Parser.pm

The way I did the upgrade was to upgrade FreeBSD first (which installed Perl 5.8.5). Then I ran the Plesk installer which wanted Perl 5.8.6 or higher so I cvsup-ed my Perl port and installed 5.8.7. Then I installed Plesk. It _seems_ that I need to add "/usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/" to @INC but I'm not sure how to do this. I could create a bunch of symlinks I guess but I'd rather not. If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate hearing them.
Thanks!
Bruce

Perl error after upgrade to 7.5.4 on FreeBSD 5.3 - Solved

Okay, to solve this I had to install the relevant modules in CPAN (ie: cpan> install Text::Iconv, etc). I just did them one at a time (as I fixed one I ususally got another error so I just kept installing until nothing complained) but there is probably a comprehensive list somewhere on this board. I hope this helps somebody!
Cheers,
Bruce

Back