perl.exe High CPU Utilizaton

D

dwdietz

Ok has anyone been experiencig perl.exe utilizing very high cpu % ? I have a dual processor system and i continuously have to restart the server because perl has both cpu's running at maximum and of course the web sites that are hosted are dog slow. It will eventually go away and return to normal but it takes quite a long time. Is there some bad code here that is taking more time than it should to run? More importantly is there a way to track down what those processes are doing to help reolve the issue? Has anyone else had this issue?

:(

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

It might be the statistics program AWstats which is scheduled everyday. (it's using perl)

Perl

I thought of that but that is scheduled for 1:00 am and this is all throughout the day. If it takes that long to complete there si some bad code somewhere. I only have 10 websites runnig and they are all low traffic sites.

Turn of Spamassassin! It is what is causing the high perl usage.

perl

I did even turn off spam assassin in the plesk control panel (server srvices)and i stopped the windows service as well. Seems as though it was still checking for spam since i got some messages flagged as spam

When you turn it off run the traymonitor and restart Plesk and the do an iisreset. or you can just reboot.

Perl

So how can i disable the spam assasin permanently? I turn it off manually by stopping the service but it is still checking mail.. Which i like the feature but not at the cost. Its killing my little web server.

Why Perl.exe is causing high CPU?

I'm having exactly the same problem. Perl.exe is causing high CPU utilization. When I turn off Spamassassin, the problem goes away.

However! I cannot turn of Spamassassin, because it causes too much spam to go through our system. Does anyone have more information on why Perl/Spamassassin causes high CPU utilization on Plesk 7.5.3 for Windows?

Hello

It will be that some exists possibility to solve this problem of PERL, I am facing the same problem also in the version 7.5.4 where the consumption of memory is high

Sysber

My Plesk for Windows box never really performed well, including the occasional problem memory problem with swap file, high utilization by certain processes, etc.

Then I upgraded the memory from 512 MB to 1.5 GB and I can tell you this had made a big difference. The box is very fast now and I don't have problems with memory. Another suggestion for the user who's using 7.5.4 would be to upgrade. Just getting a better backup utility will be worth it.

Back