• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Perl.exe using 2Gb of RAM

001hosting

New Pleskian
Plesk: 7.5.6
Perl: v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

Hi, just checking task manager on my server and I've noticed 2 instance of perl.exe using a fair amount of RAM (around 2Gb).
This process is Spamassassin, I start-stop Spamassassin and RAM down.
What I can do? I dont wanna update Plesk :)

Thanks in advance,

Glaucio Rocha
001hosting.com.br

Thanks for the fast reply Sshigin!

I only have this problem, if I update Plesk... I will receive other problems :(

My Plesk working fine, I have others server running 7.6.1 and Perl 5.8.8 is ok..

How to update to Perl 5.8.8? I realy dont wanna update Plesk version.

Thanks again,

Glaucio Rocha
001hosting.com.br

Originally posted by 001hosting

My Plesk working fine, I have others server running 7.6.1 and Perl 5.8.8 is ok..

How to update to Perl 5.8.8? I realy dont wanna update Plesk version.

[/B]

Hi, Glaucio.

Perl upgrade is not a key point in solving your problem. In 7.6.1 and up spamd (service, that runs inside perl.exe process, you noted before and part of original Spamassassin distribution) replaced with SWsoft's own solution, that is optimized to run faster on Windows. That replacement is bound tightly to 7.6.1, and there is no known way to use it without upgrading to 7.6.1 or newer.

Really, i thinks you will have less troubles with Plesk upgrade, than with what i say, but you can try to upgrade spamassasin:

I assume you have backups prior to proceed, due to YOU REALLY MAY NEED THEM TO GET ANYTHING WORKING AGAIN.

Upgrade Perl with Last version, available from ActiveState.

Follow instructions at:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/InstallingOnWindows?highlight=(windows)
and
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SpamdOnWindows?highlight=(windows)

To make spamassassin and spamd run on top of new perl.

Note:
You should place spamd file in the same location, as it was placed by plesk installer.

Note, that this configuration was NEWER TESTED by Swsoft, or i think any others and if you will perform such modification you probably will need restore backups, you made, or call for, i think paid support, either of what will take a while.

And, PLEASE, DO NO DO THIS UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DOING.

kirill, i believe you dramatize this situation. there are many success stories with upgrade plesk 7.5.x up to 7.6.1.
moreover swsoft suppose to release update for 7.6.1 soon.

Back