1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Permission denied after updating mailname.php

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by BobbyU2, Oct 16, 2009.

1. BobbyU2

BobbyU2 Guest

I have a server running Win2k3 and Plesk Panel 9.0. One of our customers was having a problem in which the mail accounts that he changed the password for the new password did not work but the old one still did. I ended up having to run the mchk.exe command and that seemed to fix it. But I cannot afford to have to run the command to "fix" the email password issue every time someone changes their password. I had seen an earlier thread that suggested to follow the KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/6071 but after copying the new mailname.php file to the server I get the following error message:
    Warning: require_once(mail/MailName.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'mail/MailName.php' (include_path='C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\api-rpc;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\javascripts;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\locale;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\phpMyAdmin;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\phpPgAdmin') in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php on line 15

Can anyone advise me as to what is going on and a possible solution to the issue.

thanks

2. BobbyU2

BobbyU2 Guest

ok got the problem solved. forgot to add the relevant permissions for the psa users