• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission denied after updating mailname.php

B

BobbyU2

I have a server running Win2k3 and Plesk Panel 9.0. One of our customers was having a problem in which the mail accounts that he changed the password for the new password did not work but the old one still did. I ended up having to run the mchk.exe command and that seemed to fix it. But I cannot afford to have to run the command to "fix" the email password issue every time someone changes their password. I had seen an earlier thread that suggested to follow the KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/6071 but after copying the new mailname.php file to the server I get the following error message:
Warning: require_once(mail/MailName.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'mail/MailName.php' (include_path='C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\api-rpc;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\javascripts;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\locale;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\phpMyAdmin;C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\phpPgAdmin') in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php on line 15

Can anyone advise me as to what is going on and a possible solution to the issue.

thanks

ok got the problem solved. forgot to add the relevant permissions for the psa users

Back