• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission denied for Plesk installation

E

ecja

Hello,
am trying install _os_FedoraCore_3 but am getting Permission denied, See below:

./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75050908.11_os_FedoraCore_3_i686: Permission denied

JC

I got the problem

I still Permission denied.

[root@server tmp]# chmod +x psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75050908.11_os_FedoraCore_3_i686
[root@server tmp]# ./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75050908.11_os_FedoraCore_3_i686
bash: ./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75050908.11_os_FedoraCore_3_i686: Permission denied

JC

I could assist you in solving these installation problems, and do the install for you as well, if you would like.

Please contact me for pricing details (small fee).

Thanks ;)

[ one note ]

Normally the chmod +x allows you to execute the installer, although there seems to be a higher issue here.

Starting MySQL: [FAILED]

Hello,
i install it from home dir instead of the tmp and it work but now am gett ing some errors:

START LOGGING: Wed Dec 7 15:41:23 EST 2005
Trying to start MySQL server... Initializing MySQL database: [ OK ]
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL: [FAILED]
done
Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

This looks like your going to need some professional level install services and help.

I am able to provide you with this, if you are interested.

Normally, I would just help you direclty here, but there might end up being quite a bit of work involved, its really hard to say.

You could also consider installing plesk manually via the rpm's (its not hard) you can look up how todo in the freely available online documenation under plesk on swsoft.com's site, linux installation guides are available there.

If you require further assistance feel free to contact me direclty via email or pm immediately!

Hope this helps! ;)

Re: Starting MySQL: [FAILED]

Originally posted by ecja
Hello,
i install it from home dir instead of the tmp and it work but now am gett ing some errors:

I think the reason why it would not run from your /tmp directory is that more than likely your FC3 install flagged /tmp as no-exec.

IE: Not allowing execution of any files within /tmp.

Just a quick note, so you know.

Back