• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission problem

X

xtreme2490

When I install Oscommer by Plesk i get a error

sappmng: /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/osCommerce-2.2ms2-13/scripts/postinstall execution failed: /usr/bin/htpasswd: unable to create tempoaru file 'htpasswd.tmp.bSS68w'
Unable to create file '.htpasswd'

When i afterwards want to change admin password in CP i get :

sappmng: /home/httpd/vhosts/babydagboek.be/vault_scripts/shopos/reconfigure execution failed: /usr/bin/htpasswd: unable to create temporary file 'htpasswd.tmp.0mXiPu' Unable to create file `.htpasswd`

What can i do, test this under various domains, all the same .

This is what SW Soft has to say about the issue :

It seems some permission problem with /usr/bin/htpasswd utility. We can't say exactly what can be the problem but we can't also support you because our records indicate that your free support period has expired.

Best regards,

Can anyone help me please

Peter Mees

Can someone verify that osCommerce package can be installed without above error ?

Running Plesk 7.5.4 (latest version) on Red Hat 9.0

It seems that it has something to do with the user htpasswd is being executed with.
Apache user is not able to execute htpasswd command.
If i manually execute htpasswd as root , everything works fine.

Can someone help me please ?

Hi,
I have same problem with you, do you already found any solution for this problem ?
can you please help me . Thanks

No sorry , till now no one is willing to help :s
Still the same

Hi,
i already found the solution, but it is a silly solution . I just create my own .htpasswd from ssh .

Indeed , but if your client wants to change the password by control panel , the .htpasswd file is removed :s
Most clients don't even get access to ssh due lack of experience.

how to fix this problem !!!

Go to www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions and install the admin login with password module.

It adds a login screen to oscommerce which requires a email addy and password, operates off the DB and does not require .htaccess.

Problem solved.

Back