1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Permissions changed

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by byontik, Sep 21, 2008.

1. byontik

byontik Guest

Permissions changed after upgrade

I upgraded plesk from 8.4 to 8.6. After the upgrade some ASP scripts stopped working.

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'
    Server.CreateObject Access Error
    The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

I did not change the permissions myself. Can you tell me a way to fix this?

I found a MS kb article about it (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278013) but I don't know if I should fix something in Plesk since Plesk caused the problem..

2. nettproffen

nettproffen Guest

Hi -

I noticed the same error on my system, upgrading from 8.3 to 8.6.
    Did you find a solution that works?

Bjørn

3. byontik

byontik Guest

I had trouble with jmail, aspupload and aspjpeg. To solve the problem I gave "everyone" permissions on jmail.dll, aspupload.dll and aspjpeg.dll. This fixed the problem but I still don't know why plesk changed the permissions..

4. nettproffen

nettproffen Guest

Hi -

I fixed the problem. I gave the read and excecute permission on the aspupload.dll file.
    Everyone is not a good idea as it is very unsecure.