• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permissions - globally for a domain?

J

JVRudnick

I have an asp web content management system, that alllows my users to login and make changes to their page -- ANY of their pages re:text or images.

The thing is, of course, that it 'chokes' if I do not first go to each single page, and set Permissons for _user to be able to use ASP on that page.

Each page. Some clients have 50+ pages....

So my question is how can I change the Permissions for the WHOLE httpdocs folder at once? Change the parent folder and all pages within and all folders within would be given the same 'global' permissions.

???

Jim

If you really want to, you could login to the server and update the permissions on the httpdocs folder to full for the IUSR_ user.

Probably not wise from a security point of view, or front a point of view of it breaking some things.

Cheers,
Paul

I have already "broken"

my Plesk install once by doing just that. It does seem odd to me -- as I dev software myownself -- that Plesk can not "see" that a change was made direclty in IIS, and then incorporate that updated change in it's own control panel.

Very odd indeed....

But back to my question...I take it then that NO there is no way to make a global permissions change for all pages and subfolders within a domain?

???
Jim

You just need to change the permissions on the folder instead of individual files.

Login with Terminal Services & set permissions on the folder with Windows Explorer.

Cheers, Julian

Re: I have already "broken"

Originally posted by JVRudnick
But back to my question...I take it then that NO there is no way to make a global permissions change for all pages and subfolders within a domain?[/B]
I answered it above :rolleyes:

Then it should be noted...

that there is NO way to use Plesk to do this!

In other words, a 'global' Permission change to a domain can not be done using Plesk....

Sad....seems like it'd sure be on every ASP dev wish-list!

:-(

Jim

Back