• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP 5.1.2 -> 5.2.x

E

exmonkey

Hi - I have just purchased a vps package (from Webfusion) which comes with Plesk8.6 ubuntu with php 5.1.2

However, for the magento install I am planning, I need PHP 5.2 or above - Can anyone let me know how to upgrade PHP?

Cheers

which would be great if I actually knew what I was doing - I was hoping someone could point me to a step by step guide entitled "How to upgrade PHP on pleask8.6 for idiots" :)

Plesk is not involved in this upgrade. It's just like upgrading PHP on any Ubuntu system. A Plesk-specific howto wouldn't make much sense, you want an Ubuntu-specific howto. Different Linux distributions have different package managers and different repositories. You're probably better off asking the Ubuntu community for help on this.

I suggest you at least read up on the package management system for your OS if you're going to administer a server.

update: I sould have added - I did already find this site, blundered my way through an install and now I have had to reinstall Plesk!

Back