• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php 5.1.6 to 5.2

F

fishface

Currently have php 5.1.6

When trying to use yum update php (which shows 5.2.3 is available) i get these errors:
Error: Missing Dependency: php < 5.2.0 is needed by package php-sqlite
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-3.5.fc6 is needed by package php-imap
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-3.5.fc6 is needed by package php-xml
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-3.5.fc6 is needed by package php-mysql

Anyone help?

thanks

Same here...

Hi,

I'm running FC6 64-bit, with Plesk 8.6.0 (and I just did all the latest upgrades on the Plesk control panel).

Am trying to upgrade from PHP 5.1.6 to 5.2.6 using yum - and am having similar trouble to fishface: I do a 'yum update php', and I get a whole load of dependency checking, and it bails out like this:

Error: Missing Dependency: php < 5.2.0 is needed by package php-sqlite

And returns 1 to the shell (that's the only error message I get, btw).

I had a look at the link atomicturtle posted, and could not find the solution to the above problem; specifically, I followed the instructions on this page:

http://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/PHP

But as you can see from the error displayed above, this did not work.

Help, please!

thanks in advance,

Matt

PS - I just realised the original thread had been posted in "Plesk 8.1 for Linux", so have duplicated the content of this post in the correct forum... sorry for cross-posting!

Back