• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP 5 and Horde on Plesk 7.5.4 (FreeBSD)

R

ralphch

Hi,

I am running Plesk 7.5.4 on FreeBSD 5.3, and tried upgrading to PHP 5.2.5. Whenever I upgrade, Horde stops working. I have researched many web sites and it seems it can be fixed by changing some configuration directives for PEAR. However, all of the instructions are aimed at Plesk 8.x. Is it possible to get Horde working correctly on Plesk 7.5.4 after the PHP upgrade?

I also considered upgrading to Plesk 8.x. Plesk says my license key won't expire until May 4, and I can see that Plesk 8.x is available through the Updater interface. Does this mean I can upgrade to Plesk 8.x. free of charge?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Ralph

We were able to get PHP 5.2.5 and Horde running correctly by updating PEAR DB. You can read about the fix at http://pstree.org/news/show/10

The paths to PEAR should be those that correspond to your specific Plesk installation.

I would really appreciate knowing if anyone has an answer to my second question regarding Plesk's license.

Thanks,
Ralph

Back