• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP as Apache module fails after upgrade

A

aburany

I just upgraded PLESK from 8.6 to 9.2.1 and it seems that the PHP doesn't work as Apache module anymore - it throws the php pages for "Save as... " instead.
I'm not sure how PLESK does the configuration of Apache files, but what was strange that I couldn't find any reference on "LoadModule php5module...".
PHP sites work however if I set it to fastcgi or cgi, but I would prefer finding the cause of this bug and fixing it.

I would appreciate any help on how could I re-enable PHP as apache module.

The issue got resolved in the meantime, thanks to some research and the talented system aministrator.

The server was initially installed with PHP5, and PLESK 8.6 was installed on top on it.
At the upgrade of PLESK it tried to install PHP4 however, together with PHP5 which failed due to an inaccessible mirror given. PHP4 module was present at mods-available, but PHP5, probably because of failure of install wasn't added to mods-enabled nor as an Apache type.

A manual install of PHP5 and enabling it in Apache config solved the issue.

Back