1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP configurations

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by SteveITS, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveITS

SteveITS Basic Pleskian

85%
    I seem to recall both Plesk and H-Sphere supporting APC and other PHP caches. Is that not yet in PPA or did I miss that setting?

What is Plesk/PPA's method for rolling out a system configuration change like the recent PHP's CGI vulnerability fix? It would mean adding to either the web server configuration for the system or each vhost, or a .htaccess file on each site.

Also, the preview is using PHP 5.3.3 I think it was. Is it not updating to a recent version because it's a preview?

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Regular Pleskian Plesk Team

57%
    Hi, Steve,
    We don’t deliver APC for PHP on the service nodes. We used to have our own repositories with PHP builds, but with CentOS 6 we are switching to the OS repositories. In either case when we see that an important update is available, we issue a patch that would run updates on the service nodes.
    The same is for the security issues. If a server configuration needs to be updated, we issue a patch. All updates in PPA are installed on the management node and then distributed to the service nodes by the internal means of our system.
    The update process was not shown in our previews yet, but we’ll do that before the release.

Regards,
    Andrey

3. SteveITS

SteveITS Basic Pleskian

85%
    Thanks, Andrew.

So I guess this is a good time to ask if something like APC, custom modules, etc., can be enabled manually in a given domain's php.ini file? If PHP is running via Fast CGI then all domains should be independent, but will that confuse the panel? In general does that answer apply to other programs and customizations? I'm assuming that, at some level, trying to manage the web server configuration through manual changes will be overwritten if someone clicks off an option in the panel.

Overall we've had a lot of good experiences using APC to speed up systems with WordPress, Drupal, or other template driven CMSs that read in 30-60 files per page load. So far (without Plesk) I've been able to quickly compile and install APC manually when necessary.

4. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Regular Pleskian Plesk Team

57%
    Plesk allows to define PHP settings on the subscription level. You can pre-configure such settings for a service plan, or let your customers to define themselves.
    As for Apache settings, we deliver PHP templates for server wide and per vhost Apache configurations. If you’ll put your custom templates into the system, they will take precedence over the default ones, and all your domains will be configured in a way you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.