1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP formmail doesn't work on my plesk server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by eggman2001, May 8, 2006.

1. eggman2001

eggman2001 Guest

hi, I use godaddy's virtual dedicated server, and for some reason, php formmail scripts don't seem to work. I hit submit and it appears to go through, but then, no e-mail.

The script works fine on a different web host that doesn't have plesk installed on it.

Any ideas?

2. jspilon

jspilon Guest

look through your mail logs for errors ;)

also try sending a message from command line

echo "hello" | mail -s "test" your@email.com

3. charlz

charlz Guest

some php form mail require REGISTER GLOBALS be turned on in the php.ini file.

4. jspilon

jspilon Guest

register_globals can also be turned on/off in .htaccess and the php script itself

register_globals "0" PHP_INI_PERDIR PHP_INI_ALL in PHP <= 4.2.3.

5. jspilon

jspilon Guest

6. eggman2001

eggman2001 Guest

Hi, unfortunately, I don't know how to do SSH... Nor do I know what a php.ini file is...

Is there anything I can check in plesk? I don't think that there's anything that needs to be altered in the script itself because it works on my other server.

Thanks!!

7. jspilon

jspilon Guest

no needs to alter php.ini or to ssh...

you can create a .htaccess file and put php flags in there

8. eggman2001

eggman2001 Guest

I know what an .htaccess file is and how to alter it :D but I don't know what php flags are :(

Can you paste the code that I should add to the .htaccess file?

Thanks!

9. jspilon

jspilon Guest

10. eggman2001

eggman2001 Guest

Cool, thanks. I'll read up.