1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by colinjack, May 7, 2006.

1. colinjack

colinjack Guest

I have recently installed PHP5 (following the knowledgebase instructions very carefully - move PHP4 etc.) but now have no PHP functionality at all ;( ... the Plesk GUI says that "PHP Component was not installed" .. with check in a greyed out box .. although it was working fine. How do I recover/re-register component?

7.5.6 on Windows Server 2003

Help!

Thanks

Colin

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

the reason of the problem is in wrong %systemroot%\php.ini file.
    try to leave the original file there

3. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Hmmm ... bit late now unfortunately :(

Thanks for your help ... hope you can guide me a bit further as you seem to know more about this then I do (not hard!)

I did a 'rollback' and then re-installed as per knowledgebase instructions and I now have PHP showing installed in Plesk. Only problem is that all sites using PHP get a 404 when a PHP file is called. Presume this is IIS6 that needs 'adjusting' ... but I am a bit of a novice on IIS and PHP.

I would really appreciate some hand-holding on this one.

Thanks

Colin

4. OlegB

OlegB Guest