1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP4 + PHP5 on 1 Plesk server with Centos5.x

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Webroy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Webroy

Webroy Regular Pleskian

23%
    I have several Centos 5.x severs with plesk 8.6 running. Customers are complaining that the scripts they have wont work on php5 and want to return to php4.

On A windows server with Plesk thati is simpel you can go to the setup of the domain and change the php version tot 4 or 5.

On the Linux/Centos edition i cannot find that option. Will it come? Or am i looking wrong ?

Does anyone have PHP4 and PHP5 running With centos and plesk and knows how to switch the settings for each domain?

Thx!

2. Satoriya

Satoriya Guest

Hi Webroy,

As far as I know Plesk does not not support such possibility.
    Have a look please into the Kb below for details of this matter:
    http://kb.odin.com/en/2187

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

Plesk for Linux doesnt support both at once. You can however find a tutorial on this forum somewhere that shows how to do them both at once (run the other as a CGI) but its not a very elegant solution. it may be better to put up a centos/rhel 4 server and throw php4 on it.