• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP5 und PHP4

K

key323

Hallo,
ich habe immoment plesk8.1 auf einem debian system installiert und würde gerne zwischen php4 und php5 wählen können.. wie kann ich jetzt noch php5 installieren?

Hey!

Also ich glaub da kannst Du nur manuell PHP5 kompilieren und dann genauso manuell für jede Domain einzeln in's Konfig-File reinschreiben dass er deine selbstkompilierte PHP5-Version nehmen soll...
Nur unter Windows gibt's die Möglichkeit von Plesk aus zu wählen ob Du PHP4 oder PHP5 nehmen willst (warum auch immer das bei Plesk für Linux nicht geht...)

php4 AND php5?

Can someone translate this thread to English? I think it might be about the problem I am having --

I updated to PSA 8.1 and it SAYS (in the upgrade information) that it now has php4 AND php5, but when I tried to install a php5 program it stopped and said I have php4.4 installed and not php5. I was expecting some kind of selector in the setup screen but it's not there. Do I need to install php5? Will it break my older php4 functions?

That didn't help much.......

Hey! There thus I believe can you PHP5 only manually compile and then for each Domain in's Konfig file write in individually just as manually that it your compiled PHP5-Version to take is... Only under Windows gibt's the possibility of Plesk from to select whether you PHP4 or PHP5 take want (why also always with Plesk for Linux does not go...)

(I put it in the 'fish and that's what came out)

Hey ;-)

Funny translation :p

What i was saying in my german post was, that you can compile PHP5 manually and then have to add/edit the apache config-files manually to use the compiled php5-version.
Only the Windows-Version of Plesk (I don't know why they only did that feature for windows) can switch between PHP4 and PHP5 from within Plesk.

Hope that helped you a little bit ;-)

Ahhhhh!!!! That's what I needed to know.

I had not noticed the distinction for Windows vs Linux in the Plesk press release (we are Linux). I either need to tread very carefully or forget about PHP5 for a while.

I know very well about those "funny" translations -- My wife is from Holland.

I thank you very much for your prompt and informative response.

Back