1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Please help - desperate

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by duncbar, Jul 3, 2006.

1. duncbar

duncbar Guest

Hi,

We were having a few problems with a few domains hosted on our server becasue webmail was not working correctly. After contacting Plesk we were told to run the following command :

%plesk_bin%> websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-webmail %plesk_bin%> defpackagemng --set ---type=webmail --default=webmail

After doing this - disaster - when trying to access a domain through plesk we are getting the following error :

Unable to assign DomainControlForm object: Unable to create WebServerManager object: Can't manage web features: file does not exist or is not executable: D:\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: D:\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\dom_ctrl.php3:146 psaerror(string "Unable to assign DomainControlForm object: Unable to create WebServerManager object: Can't manage web features: file does not exist or is not executable: D:\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng")

Please can anyone help ?

Rgds

Duncan.

2. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

Restore websrvmng.exe from backups, it appears you (based on the bad instructions you received) deleted it. I think their intention of indicating "%plesk_bin%>" was for you to be in the %plesk_bin% directory, but if you typed the command verbatim then you just zeroed (essentially erased) out the executable.

Once you recover then I would re-try the commands (make sure you do echo %PLESK_BIN%, switch to the drive that Plesk is installed):

cd %plesk_bin%
    websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-webmail
    defpackagemng --set ---type=webmail --default=webmail

Good luck. I do not have Plesk on Windows, but based on what your saying and the way you stated the commands I am pretty sure you will find websrvmng.exe in the %plesk_bin% directory as a 0 byte file.

If that doesn't help, then I would try posting in the Windows forum -- rather than UNIX. :)