• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

please help --- mysql errors since 7.5.1

M

modom

Hi,

Since updating to 7.5.1 reloaded I am getting MAILER-DAEMON emails with errors like these from mysql:

/usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1017: Can't find file: './getin2fi_store/reviews_description.frm' (errno: 24) when using LOCK TABLES

/usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1105: File '/var/lib/mysql/babyembr_store/reviews.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) when using LOCK TABLES

/usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1017: Can't find file: './thebuyin_store/address_book.frm' (errno: 24) when using LOCK TABLES

This tables are all still in the stores.

Can someone please tell me what I need to fix and how to solve these?

Thank you!

Hi,

did you check if these tables still work (using mysql console utility)?

Maybe myisamck helps?

Regards,

Pink

How would I check this?

I was told I needed to increase the descriptors in mysql because I have all my databases running on a cron each night at the same time.

This is all I have in my.cnf:
This is all I have in my.cnf file:
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

Does this mean I have no limits???

I was told to add:
open_files_limit=2048
in my.cnf but under which section above would this be added?

Also, was told to put ulimit -n 2048 in /usr/bin/safe_mysqld after the trap listing at the top. Would this be correct?

Hi,

put this into the
Code:
[mysqld]
section.

Regards,

Pink

I just did that and the mysqld would not restart so am rebooting to see if it will come back up.

I removed the line and still mysql would not restart using:
service mysqld restart

All my stores are down.

The reboot worked and they are up again.

Hi,

let me know if it helped to solve the problem or do you have removed the line again completely?

Regards,

Pink

Thanks I will let you know.

I will have to add the line back in a little later until we figure out why mysqld will not restart.

Hi,

They put this in and mysqld started:

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
open_files_limit=2048

How do you change the mysql login password?

The MySQL admin password gets changed by Plesk automatically, it will be the same as Plesk admin password.

Regards,

Pink

Back