• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 6.5.2 Reissued!

T

Todd L. Crumpler

SWsoft has re-issued the Plesk 6.5.2 (SP2) for Windows patch and build. Download a copy of the new Windows Service Pack 2 for Plesk Windows today from:

Plesk 6.5.2 for Windows
plesk6.5.2 build040310.14
release notes 174MB

Be sure to review the product user manual and the system requirements to ensure proper operation of Plesk. For information regarding known problems, new features and bug-fixes please refer to the product release notes.

What's the recommendation for those who ran the previously released SP2 successfully?

Matt

I installed this new patch, and I got the same error people got on installing the initial patch. It broke my box!

Rex,

Contact Plesk support Please! This should not have happened...

Regards

TC

Hello after this new Version my Server is broken also, my Costumers are very happe about this New Version and my Telefon is very hot

Contact Plesk support Please! This should not have happened...

Regards

TC

OK now i have test some things!
Install it on Win2000 no Problems.
Install it on Win 2003 Web edition Box is Broken!

OK the fastes way for my ist Win2000 Installation to bocome happy clients!

From my reading and collecting all of the thoughts on these forum posts --

Plesk for Windows 6.5.2 on Windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 works.

Plesk for Windows 6.5.2 on Windows 2003 Web Edition with IIS 6.0 does not work and causes numerous problems.

As another side note, we run Windows 2003 Standard Edition and have had no devastating problems, even running the first release of SP2 with no chaos or explosions. The only huge problems was with the security issues involved in MSDE of MS SQL server that is packaged with Plesk, I think this could be handled better in future versions, and I understand they are at least using random passwords in current releases.

Matt

After a scary 24 hours, the Russian development team have fixed my server.
"Problem was related to localized version of MS Windows and corresponding patches will be included in all future Plesk releases, so this problem should never appear again." Said one Pavel Malyavko.
Seems like support is a bit hit and miss. We are in the UK and have to wait til the afternoon our time until the US guys are awake, and then they shunt it off to Russia who are still in bed, or out drinking vodka, so it basically adds another 8 hours. I reported the problem at 10am our time, and someone got round to looking at it at 5am the next day, and all becuase of the way the timezones work.

We've had better response times than that, but I believe a lot of it is a result of our Datacentre (Datapipe.net) having a good working relationship with Plesk. I do agree that SW Soft needs to work on quite a few things though, one thing that did / does bother me is the features page on the SW Soft website which details the features that Plesk Supports, only to find that a lot of the statements are false (Aka: Under Development) the biggest one being Backup / Restore.

Back