• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.0 to 7.5.2 upgrade

G

Gioele

Hi,

i currently have a server at EV1 with RHE3 and plesk 7.0. I want to upgrade plesk to 7.5.2. The install guide of plesk 7.5.2 only covers upgrade from 7.1 to 7.5. So how do i proceed? Should i upgrade to 7.1 first? If so, will the upgrade from 7.1 to 7.5 work without a valid licence for 7.1? (since i only have a 7.0 and a 7.5 licence). Should i use the rpm or the auto-installer? Is the upgrade a long process? Is it safe to upgrade, can it cause problems to my currently hosted site?

Thank you for your time!

Gioele

Have you completed this upgrade, if so, please share the details with us, i'm curious because I'm planning to do the same upgrade and have the same questions as you did.

Maurice

Upgrade to 7.1 via rpms, then to 7.5 via the updater.. It's all pretty straightforward, and I just went through it with little hassle (there was a php version issue, but searching at EV1 with the error yielded the fix)...

It's possible i've done it on a FreeBSD 4.10 machine
from 7.0.4 to 7.5.2

Just upgrade te 7.1.7
Then upgrade that to 7.5.2

No problems found, installed the hotfix after that, all working:D

And no need for a 7.1.7 key

Originally posted by aaargh
Ok but then I need a license key for 7.1 as well, right?

No, if you're at EV1 (possibly everywhere) you're key maintains integrity throughout the upgrade.

three months later i did this upgrade without any problem. I'm just reporting my steps hoping this will help someone...

1) I used the autoinstaller to update from 7.0 to 7.1.7, no problem
2) I used the autoinstaller again to update to 7.5.3, the autoinstaller gived an error saying i didn't have a valid key and returned to the beginning, restarted the process and terminated without errors.

as MikeUN said i didn't need a new key, i'm also with ev1

Gioele

Back