1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 7.5.3 on Debian Sarge - install but no update

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by i-nox.de, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. i-nox.de

    i-nox.de Guest

    0
     
    i managed to install plesk on my debian sarge server, but now i can´t get the update manager to work. error:
    "You are using debian linux , but autoinstaller was compiled for Debian Linux 3.1"

    i would like to know how to update the installation without the update manager, or
    how i can fix it?

    - Bernhard
     
  2. hardweb

    hardweb Guest

    0
     
    What do you get when you execute:

    uname -a

    it might be a bug in the autoinstaller, but you can use the deb engine to update the packages manually.
     
  3. i-nox.de

    i-nox.de Guest

    0
     
    uname -a:

    Linux 1-nox.de 2.6.11.9-050512a #1 SMP Thu May 12 20:53:02 CEST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
     
  4. dm__@

    dm__@ Guest

    0
     
    Just add the APT source to the sources.list and use apt-get to update it.
     
  5. jinxedworld

    jinxedworld Guest

    0
     
    I ran into the same problem. When you install a clean Debian box you can install Plesk 7.5.3 just fine. I als tried it on a clean Debian box where I ran apt-get upgrade prior to the installation of Plesk. Suddenly the installer doesn't work anymore! It looks like Debian changed it's name from Debian Linux 3.1 to Debian Linux (missing the 3.1), and Plesk gets confused.

    Also, when you have Plesk running just fine on Debian, and you apt-get upgrade the system, the autoupdater in Plesk stops functioning with the same error.

    Looks to me this is not just a problem with the autoinstaller, but with the way Plesk identifies the OS. If we can somehow restore the original name (back to Debian Linux 3.1) it should be working just fine :)

    Any suggestions anone?

    *edit*
    In addition, the packages that need to be upgraded when I perfom apt-get upgrade are:

    adduser
    apt apt-utils
    aptitude
    base-config
    base-files
    base-passwd
    bash
    bsdmainutils
    bsdutils
    console-common
    console-data
    console-tools
    cpio
    ron
    dash
    debconf
    debconf-i18n
    debianutils
    diff
    discover1
    discover1-data
    dpkg
    dselect
    e2fslibs
    e2fsprogs
    eject
    exim4-base
    exim4-config
    findutils
    gcc-3.3-base
    gettext-base
    grep
    groff-base
    grub
    gzip
    hotplug
    ifupdown
    initrd-tools
    initscripts
    iptables
    iso-codes
    klogd
    libattr1
    libblkid1
    libcomerr2
    libconsole
    libdb3
    libdb4.2
    libdiscover1
    libgcc1
    libgcrypt11
    libgnutls11
    liblocale-gettext-perl
    liblzo1
    libnewt0.51
    libpcre3
    libsigc++-1.2-5c102
    libss2 libssl0.9.7
    libstdc++5 libtasn1-2 libtext-charwidth-perl
    libtext-iconv-perl
    libtext-wrapi18n-perl
    libuuid1
    libwrap0
    localization-config
    login
    logrotate
    mailx
    makedev
    man-db
    manpages
    modutils
    mount
    nano
    net-tools
    netbase
    netkit-inetd
    nvi
    passwd
    ppp
    pppconfig
    pppoeconf
    procps
    psmisc
    sed
    sysklogd
    sysv-rc
    sysvinit
    tar
    tasksel
    tcpd
    telnet
    usbutils
    util-linux
    wget
    whiptail
    zlib1g
     
  6. jamesyeeoc

    jamesyeeoc Guest

    0
     
    After you update/upgrade, check the contents of your:

    /etc/debian_version

    file and reset it to reflect the 3.1version
     
  7. jinxedworld

    jinxedworld Guest

    0
     
    Thanks, that did the trick! After you upgrade the contents of the file change from 3.1 to testing/unstable. When you reset that, it's all good.

    Thanks again!
     
Loading...