• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 released!

eilko

Regular Pleskian
What's new in Plesk v.7.5.4 build 75050824.12
==============================================
[+] 1. User interface rewritten in PHP5
[+] 2. Spamassassin 3.0 is now supported
[+] 3. Plesk Migration Manager can migrate resellers and user templates from Confixx platforms,
[+] 4. Fourth level subdomains can now be created and served by Plesk.
[+] 5. Ability to manage access to the control panel for Plesk clients (separate permission manageable through the control panel).
[+] 6. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate skeletons,
[+] 7. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate domain templates,
[+] 8. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate domains along with domain templates,
[+] 9. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate Spamassassin settings
[+] 10. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate custom buttons
[+] 11. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate Tomcat applications
[+] 12. Command Line Interface includes a new utility for managing domain templates
[+] 13. Command Line Interface includes a new utility for managing Tomcat applications
[+] 14. Command Line Interface includes a new utility for managing mailserver
[+] 15. Ability to change site application properties through API RPC
[+] 16. Ability to retrieve the content of client accounts/domains by login name through API RPC
[+] 17. AE integration with API RPC is now supported
[+] 18. Plesk supports Coldfusion 7.0
[+] 19. API to change hostname
[+] 20. Support for long (up to 63 characters) database names
[+] 21. Enhanced disk usage information
[+] 22. Multivolume backups
[+] 23. Improved statistics
[*] 24. Shell access permission management simplified
[+] 25. Skeletons support new archive types: tar, tar.gz, tgz
[-] 26. Domain template names can now be unique
[*] 27. Cosmetic changes in Session settings
[*] 28. The same login name can be used for authorization of Client and Domain Administrator without any collisions.
[*] 29. Optimization of memory usage by Psadump utility
[+] 30. PHP with additionally compiled modules in Standard builds
[+] 31. You can specify which domains to skip during backup
[+] 32. Plesk Clients can have access to API RPC for managing/reselling domains
[*] 33. Spamassassin Trainer improved
[*] 34. Site Applications can be installed to the document root
[+] 35. System Monitoring Module is shipped with Plesk
[+] 36. Battlefield 1942 Game Server Module is shipped with Plesk
[-] 37. API-RPC related issues resolved: API-RPC returns the domain status correctly, and Apache ASP and custom error documents are now handled properly.
[+] 38. New operating systems supported: RedHat EL 4, Fedora Core 3, SuSE Linux 9.3, SuSE Linux 9.3 (AMD64), Ubuntu Linux 5.04
[+] 39. On fresh installations of Plesk, virtual hosts will reside in /var/www directory in compliance with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard.

Frontpage not updated yet, but here is the page already with a "smaller" changelog. BTW, some nice improvement's, now let's hope the update is gonna be smooth. Anyone installed it already?

C.P. Updater

Anyone have results on using a Plesk 7.5.3 Server | Updater for the 7.5.4 updates?

I know the base packages need to be installed first and separate from all the rest, but will it matter which updates are applied after the base packages?

Just want to be sure to get it right the first time. :)

Thanks for any input.

Updater

Sounds great, but... after the base packages does it matter what order the remainder of Plesk packages are installed?

Thanks for the heads up.

wow.

this update took me all of 10 minutes. and it didnt break anything. awesome job.

few conflicts so had to remove qmail-scanner to get it installed.. all installed now but adding DNS records in the CP doesnt work anymore, clicking ok just keeps showing the form over and over without adding the record.

edit: the problem was chk_ip_address_and_mask() javascript function was complaining about not being found, went to /javascript/chk.js.php which must have invalidated cache or something now it works.

Re: Updater

Originally posted by phatPhrog
Sounds great, but... after the base packages does it matter what order the remainder of Plesk packages are installed?

Thanks for the heads up.

I installed via the CP so you don't have to worry about that.

Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_FedoraCore_2/base/psa-courier-imap-add-7.5.4-fc2.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_FedoraCore_2/base/courier-imap-3.0.8-fc2.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
file /usr/bin/deliverquota from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-fc2.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.8.1-1.rhfc2.art
file /usr/bin/maildirmake from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-fc2.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.8.1-1.rhfc2.art

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Thu Aug 25 13:11:44 2005

But can be resolved with a yum remove maildrop :D

first major problem :-((
and is on BOTH servrs which I upgraded.

The SMTP server returned an error. Account: 'domain.com', Server: 'www.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: 'rblsmtpd: 213.157.167.13 pid 20894: 451 Your mail has been rejected because the server you are sending to is misconfigured', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60

I disabled Enable MAPS spam protection and work now, BUT :-(((

Check your /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file, check the ServerArgs line. Make sure it has spaces instead of ';' characters separating the arguments. This was an early bug which was supposed to have been resolved, but there has been at least one other post about 7.5.4 saying the bug still exists... Example:

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

And if you have multiple MAPS servers, there should be a ' -r ' between each one (AFAIR)

You would have to SSH into the server and manually edit the smtp_psa file. This is related to the previous bug which was supposed to have been fixed by now...

Update Successful

WOW is right. The updater is fantastic!

Only had one error alert during backup.

I have ARTs mysql 4.0.25 installed. Not sure if it is the reason for the error. Doubtful.

I had to restart mysql via ssh.

No obvious mysql errors in the logs so it was probably just a glitch.

Absolutely no complaints here!

So far it seems everything is working exceptionally well.

Still have to check the Plesk BU feature. Works fine from ssh, but haven't used it from Plesk yet.

Well, all seemed to go well. That is, until I went back to Updater.

Now I get..

Service Unavailable

Service is not available now, probably your Plesk is misconfigured. Contact Your provider for details.

Internal Plesk error occurred: AutoInstallerManager::getAutoInstaller() failed: AutoInstallerManager::_autoInstallerCall() failed: autoinstaller failed: Auto-installer does not work inside Virtuozzo environment. Refer to your service provider in order to obtain Plesk updates.

Well, ain't that nifty. I've been inside a VPS this whole time, and have used Updater without problems many times before. Now, i'm stuck.. any ideas, folks?

I installed through the Updater and after it completed, I could no longer access Plesk.

Instead, I get:

The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

I contacted my ISP and they said SW-Soft knows about the issue and is working on a fix.

In the meantime, I have no access to my control panel. :(

There are those that will agree with me. :)

"I'm no expert"

but the only difference I know of is that perhaps you aren't using (ART) http://atomicrocketturtle.com and Scott's YUM update channels.

Like said in other posts, the only issue I had was having to restart mysql and psa-spamassassin from shell.

Wish I could help more.

Originally posted by Joe Beharriell Refer to your service provider in order to obtain Plesk updates.
As the message states, contact your Hosting provider :)

Back