1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 7.5.4 - SMTP Server randomly stops!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by meat1oaf, Oct 26, 2005.

1. meat1oaf

meat1oaf Guest

This has happened about three times in the past 24 hours:

Clients will complain that they can check mail, but haven't received any (since a specific time). When I log into Plesk, I see that the SMTP server is OFF.

Any ideas why this might just start happening? I've upgraded to 7.5.4 about 3 weeks ago - haven't done anything since.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    What do your logs say? They should narrow it down for you.

3. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

And also check to make sure none of your drive partitions have run low on space. And if you have the Plesk Watchdog module installed, get rid of it. Some have also had problems with Dr Web messing with Qmail smtp

4. dahamsta

dahamsta Guest

Hasn't Watchdog been fixed yet? I've had it disabled because of this problem.

5. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

The only watchdog fix I've seen is related to it crashing spamassassin. AFAIK we're all still waiting for them to fix all other watchdog problems. I personally don't use their watchdog, (or firewall module). There are better things out there, free too!

6. meat1oaf

meat1oaf Guest

OMG! I forgot! I installed Watchdog right after the 7.5.4 upgrade! Removing now!

7. DjFarout

DjFarout Basic Pleskian

23%
    I've been getting the same problem with my smtp server!

Anyone recommend an alternative to watchguard.. I like the idea of having a server monitor!

Thanks

8. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

1. SIM - free

2. 4PSA - Server Assistant (reasonable fee)