• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 - SMTP Server randomly stops!

M

meat1oaf

This has happened about three times in the past 24 hours:

Clients will complain that they can check mail, but haven't received any (since a specific time). When I log into Plesk, I see that the SMTP server is OFF.

Any ideas why this might just start happening? I've upgraded to 7.5.4 about 3 weeks ago - haven't done anything since.

Any help would be appreciated.

And also check to make sure none of your drive partitions have run low on space. And if you have the Plesk Watchdog module installed, get rid of it. Some have also had problems with Dr Web messing with Qmail smtp

Hasn't Watchdog been fixed yet? I've had it disabled because of this problem.

The only watchdog fix I've seen is related to it crashing spamassassin. AFAIK we're all still waiting for them to fix all other watchdog problems. I personally don't use their watchdog, (or firewall module). There are better things out there, free too!

OMG! I forgot! I installed Watchdog right after the 7.5.4 upgrade! Removing now!

I've been getting the same problem with my smtp server!

Anyone recommend an alternative to watchguard.. I like the idea of having a server monitor!

Thanks

1. SIM - free

2. 4PSA - Server Assistant (reasonable fee)

Back