• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.5 patch update

A

addstravel

Has anyone had any problems installing the new .5 patch?

Yes, I did it ;(

Nothing but troubles, mail keeps losing the connection between the mail adres and the mailbox.

I created a ticket for the problem, but so far no sollution....
not even a respons from them.

Originally posted by Trizone
Yes, I did it ;(

Nothing but troubles, mail keeps losing the connection between the mail adres and the mailbox.

I created a ticket for the problem, but so far no sollution....
not even a respons from them.

From what version did you upgrade from?

Thanks for the feedback so far... think I will wait to update...

I upgraded before it was released as follow:

Stopped the service of plesk
run the installer (the patch from 7.5.4 to 7.5.5)
restarted the server

I faced some problems in emails, some services didnt started so i had to manually start them.

95% it was smooth upgrade.

oh, forgot to mention reset of the DNS, on some sites it took upto 2 days for resynchorizing.

I upgraded to 7.5.5, everything looks fine.

But... the MailEnabled no upgrade to 1.9 :confused: I don't know whether other components have been upgraded.

7.5.5 and 100% CPU?

Appears that the update worked okay, apart from now I notice the CPU thrashes at 100% sometimes during some control panel functions.

Anyone else experience this?

Re: 7.5.5 and 100% CPU?

Originally posted by addstravel
Appears that the update worked okay, apart from now I notice the CPU thrashes at 100% sometimes during some control panel functions.

Anyone else experience this?

i always experienced that when im browsing my control panel on my server.. :D

Upgarde from 7.5.3 to 7.5.5

I upgarde my Virtuozzo VPE's running 7.5.3 to 7.5.5, everything appears to be ok, however the login still show that the version I am running is 7.5.3, HSPc also reads PSA as 7.5.3 however the core components in PSA reads as 7.5.5. I have upgarded 4 VPE's thus far all with same result.

Let us do small trick:
1. Open My Computer
2. In address bar type %plesk_dir%, press enter
3. Open version file via notepad
4. Edit version to what you've upgraded

John S.G.

You can wait for 7.5.6. It will be released in about month.

John S.G.

I have an even better idea.... I will take a look at Helm and consider moving !! :)

I have an even better idea.... I will take a look at Helm and consider moving !! :)

Some poetry:
Better then Plesk can only be Plesk of greater version:)

John S.G.

Thanks for reply to post JackL. Helped heaps.
With regards to changing to something else, I did!!! I changed to Plesk. I have experienced less issues with Plesk than I did with previous Control Panels. I made a decision last year to go with HSPc, Virtuozzo and Plesk and have never looked back. Yes there are some small issues, however all can be fixed. The support team at SW-Soft are second to none and help with all issues even if they are caused by our inexperience.
I would recommend SW-Soft range to anyone that requires hosting solutions.

CPU 100%

We have applied the 7.5.4 to 7.5.6 upgrade patch on a test server. After the upgrade, it shows using 100% CPU.

On our production box, which has 7.5.4, we 've never had this problem.

Is there a reson or possible fix for this? It is using so much CPU, makes us thinking about the upgrade.

Please let us know what we need to do.

Thanks,

Back