• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5 Reloaded and MySQL 4.1

Smtalk -- is there any official info from SWSoft on this? I tried to look for it in the Plesk documentation, but no luck so far.

Originally posted by golloween
Smtalk -- is there any official info from SWSoft on this? I tried to look for it in the Plesk documentation, but no luck so far.

http://www.sw-soft.com/en/news/id,7541

Quote: "MySQL 4 Integration lution – Plesk supports MySQL 4, an attractive Open Source alternative to higher-cost, more complex database technology."

MySQL 4.1 Upgrade for Plesk

Hello there,

After seeing so much of chaos building around MySQL 4.1.xx and Plesk, There is a ray of hope for you.

If you find it difficult to upgrade to MySQL 4.1.xx you can contact me and I can have it done for you just for $30

If you are running osCommerce, then you have real problem, since osCommerce yet doesnt support 4.1.xx.

But in any case, we might be able to help you.

You can visit us on http://www.enterux.com
or email on info at enterux.com

MySql support in 7.5.4

I see the press release saying Plesk supports it - but what does that mean? Its obviously not part of the package, so whats the deal?

Its supported if you install it manually?
Its part of an update?
There is a release coming with it?

Anyone know?

Thanks ART - but unfortunatly that doesn't answer my question... Whats the scoop from Plesk?

An update on my original post -- after all this confusion about Plesk / MySQL compatibility we made the right decision: we implemented our solution in PostgreSQL.

Agreed, that doesn't answer the question about compatibility, but if you're building a custom app, drop MySQL and go with PostgreSQL -- according to my programmers, it is way better as a database than MySQL.

Originally posted by golloween
An update on my original post -- after all this confusion about Plesk / MySQL compatibility we made the right decision: we implemented our solution in PostgreSQL.

I don't understand what the confusion is about? Plesk has been running with MySQL 4.1.xx for quite a long time now...

My current version on FreeBSD 4.9 is 4.1.11 - it got upgraded by Plesk at last update - from 4.1.9 to 4.1.11.

Originally posted by wmgilligan
Not on Linux Fedora core.

No, but I think that you have to manually upgrade the MySQL RPMs on any ot the RPM supporting OSes...

Ahh...
Thats different than what you previously posted. Plesk didn't do the update then, you did...

I try to wait for Plesk to release the upgrade path, rather than having my own.... but this may be a case where I can't.

Bill

Originally posted by wmgilligan
Ahh... Thats different than what you previously posted. Plesk didn't do the update then, you did...

No, then you don't read what I write :) On FreeBSD Plesk upgraded the MySQL to 4.1.11 on last upgrade (from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4) without me doing any thing other than upgrading Plesk.

But - I suspect that on RPM based systems you have to manually upgrade the RPMs for system software such as MySQL if you wan't to use a newer version.

But I think ART or maybe smtalk can help clear up that as I never runned Plesk on a RPM based system - always used FreeBSD.

CentOS 4, FC4 and RHEL4 use mysql 4.1 by default, as does SuSE I believe. For rh9, FC1-FC3, and CentOS3/3ES users, mysql 4.0, and 4.1 rpms are available from my archive.

Re: MySQL 4.1 Upgrade for Plesk

Originally posted by enterux
Hello there,

After seeing so much of chaos building around MySQL 4.1.xx and Plesk, There is a ray of hope for you.

If you find it difficult to upgrade to MySQL 4.1.xx you can contact me and I can have it done for you just for $30

If you are running osCommerce, then you have real problem, since osCommerce yet doesnt support 4.1.xx.

But in any case, we might be able to help you.

You can visit us on http://www.enterux.com
or email on info at enterux.com

so os commerce wont work with mysql 4 + ?!

is this corrected now ?

is there any way to run both versions ?

MySQL update was OK, but since then (we upgraded 4 servers) seems that servers going crazy from time to time, large LOAD, going up to 100 in 1 minute, then after 5 minutes go back to normal. Unfortunatelly I cannot see what can be the problem, there is a lot of script and sites running on each server.
I'm desperate, I know is MySQL the problem, but for the moment stucked how to fix or what is it.
Also on NON English character sets I get a lot of problems, all table was marked as sweedish characters and caused a lot of troubles :-(((
Never was so bad an upgrade in my entire hosting business.
Unfortunatelly I think is no way to go back to version 4.0 ...

Back