• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.x and mySQL 5.0

B

bmd2k1

does plesk for windows support the latest release of mySQL 5.0?

(it appears that mySQL 4.x ships with plesk for windows.)

-Brian

Hello,

No it is not supported with Plesk, ut it is supported with Ensim.

Originally posted by sshigin
i'm using MySQL 5.0.16 with Plesk 7.5.4 now and Plesk works properly

Can you please write brief procedure how to upgrade (I'm affraid of problems while migrating db's)? Tnx.

Hello to all members.

there thing that everyone need to figure out.

there are 2 mysql servers.

The 1st one is the mysql which Plesk CP host all the data which Plesk CP use.

and the 2nd is the mysql which host all user's databases.

the 2nd mysql can be any mysql version. (you may upgrade it by your self manually )

the 1st must to be the specific version which ship with Plesk CP.
you are not allowed to change the version of the 1st mysql.

Originally posted by igoldman
Hello to all members.

there thing that everyone need to figure out.

there are 2 mysql servers.
Im sure it can be installed this way but there is one mysql server for all databases include psa, by default

1.Plesk core Mysql is located in %plesk_dir% mysql
2. Plesk client mysql located in %plesk_dir%\databases\mysql
3. The last you can change at your own wish. Just backup previous, backup current or copy to another place. Unzip mysql package from mysql. (It means you need zip package not msi)
4. Create user admin, set for him the same password as for Plesk admin, and assign right as for root
5.Restore databases

John S.G.

I followed the KB article here step by step to upgrade the B version of client mysql version. I encountered the following error when I try to restart the service:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at StartService 'MySQL'

Any ideas why? Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated!

I followed the KB article here step by step to upgrade the B version of client mysql version. I encountered the following error when I try to restart the service:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at StartService 'MySQL'

im also having this issue, runing 9.2.3 iis and tried to update to the latest version of mysql using these instructions, tried to update both A & B.

http://kb.odin.com/en/1077

are the update instructions out of date as I've followed everything to the book. The only thing I noticed is the 'Data' folder starts with a capital 'D' where as the default mysql installed is writted as 'data'

which makes me think these instructions are out of date,

any help greatly appreciated!

i get this exact same error when trying to upgrade mysql for plesk 9.2.3 for windows.

can we have some working upgrade instructions please.

Back