1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

plesk 7 release date

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by sebastian, Mar 11, 2004.

1. sebastian

sebastian Guest

Anybody got any insider news about when plesk 7 for windows is going to be released?

I just installed 6.5.1 Yesterday to find out, that 6.5.2 was released today, so if I install 6.5.2 today does that mean, that 7.0.0 will be released tomorrow?

2. MattR@

MattR@ Guest

I think everyone would agree 7.0 won't be released tomorrow, and if it were it wouldn't be wise to install it on a production machine until it's been out at least a month (And that's if you want to be cutting edge,we'll wait longer.)

3. siren@

siren@ Guest

Plesk 7 is still a few months away, but is under production.

From what I understand (and knowing some of the people behind this new version) I would expect it to be in a much better position at initial release then Plesk 6.5.2 is right now.

4. MattR@

MattR@ Guest

Have you heard whether it will be upgradable from 6.5.x or whether it will require a fresh install?

Matt

5. siren@

siren@ Guest

I've heard yes, but with the changes I'm hereing I'm beginning to wonder.

I would doubt sw-soft would release Plesk without an upgrade option. My big question is going to be whether it works and if so, how well.