• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.0.1 Update available now.

J

jusu313

Looks like Plesk 8.0.1 is available through Automatic Updater. Not sure what this update covers as there is no official release documentation I can find.

Hmm, I see it now, but updating thru plesk web admin doesnt seem to do much of anything at all, even running updater again after a reboot...
no wait, apache is dead, but plesk is still at 8.0.0 ?

Disregard. Shutdown psa and ran autoinstaller... Found out that the partition that /root is on did not have enough temp space (needs like at least 300-400 depending on packages that will upgrade)

specified an update tmp folder that was on an adequately sized partition and update went smoothly

Originally posted by jens.jensen
Disregard. Shutdown psa and ran autoinstaller... Found out that the partition that /root is on did not have enough temp space (needs like at least 300-400 depending on packages that will upgrade)

specified an update tmp folder that was on an adequately sized partition and update went smoothly

Awesome. Glad to hear you got it working.

Multiple Servers Successfully Updated

Well from my companies point of view this update is successful.

48 of 49 servers updated successfully on first attempt.

Only server that failed was found to not have enough space left to download the updates, which was easily fixed and updated.

Re: Multiple Servers Successfully Updated

Originally posted by mhutchings
48 of 49 servers updated successfully on first attempt.
Did you use the autoinstaller?

Thanks.

well, seeing as how the plesk admin web based updater will not tell you if you dont have enough space for the update, and will not give you the option to pick another location for temp files, and will not warn you that the update failed.. the only way to update a box with this issue would be to do the update manually with autoinstaller, specifying a different temp folder for package storage.... if you are having any problems with updater, i would recommend running autoinstaller as you get a chance to see whats going on... im sure there is a log file somewhere for the web based updater, but you will need to dig around a bit (it would be nice if plesk updater would tell you the location of the log file ahead of time so you can check if things dont go as planned...)

Originally posted by jens.jensen
if you are having any problems with updater, i would recommend running autoinstaller as you get a chance to see whats going on...
What is the command to start the autoinstaller from the CLI?

Thanks.

thewolf - Our company uses a custom application, similiar to what Plesk offers in Expand, but a lot more integrated into some of our other product offerings.

One of the things it allows us to do is push commands to the servers. In our update case, it simply pushed the command to do the update to each server.

Does anyone know what exactly was "updated" or "fixed" in 8.01? It doesn't appear that even one issue that I was concerned with was touched such as FTP Backups and the applications install configuration issue.

Looking the list, and one of my servers over again, it doesn't look like any of the FTP backup issues were resolved.

As far as applications, multiple packages were updated and there were even some new ones, but if you have PHP 5, then half won't work. Still, it was a mild improvement.

Back