• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 8.0 on RHE4 installation fails

L

links2world

Hello,

I have problems installing Plesk 8 with psa_installer_v3.0.1_build060327.18_os_RedHat_el4_i386 into a clean RHE4 machine. I run this script, and when it is downloading the plesk software, I get the following error:

Reading system installed packages...done.
Download file plesk-8.0.0-rhel4-i386.hdr.gz: 70%..100% done
Download file plesk-8.0.0-rhel4-i386.hdr.gz: 100% done
Resolve components
ERROR: Package courier-imap-3.0.8-rhel4.build80060329.02.i586 listed in inf3 file, but not found in build headers (hdr.gz) file, possible versions mismatch.
ERROR: Installation failed
[root@columbia plesk]#

It looks to me that there is a problem with the plesk download server. Does anybody have any solution to this? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

there is a patch version released, maybe to you updated in the middle of their change, I would recommend to try again. Installing Plesk8 on RHEL4 hasn't given me much problems last days.

Yes, it looks like now it is working. Thanks.

Regards,

Hmm.. I think it would be good to stay with plesk 7.5 for a while. 8.0 is too new, and might have hidden problems, like this one...

Regards,

As I said, now I have another problem:

Download file php-pear-4.3.9-3.9.i386.rpm: 24%..100% done
Download file samba-common-3.0.10-1.4E.2.i386.rpm: 17%..52%..89%..100% done
Download file libc-client-2002e-8.i386.rpm: 74%..100% done
Start packages installation
Install package courier-imap
Trying to register service courier-imap... using /sbin/chkconfig
done
Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
generating-SSL-certificate...
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]
generating-SSL-certificate... Starting pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Install package libidn
Install package selinux-policy-targeted
package selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.126 (which is newer than selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.110) is already installed
Error while execute command rpm -U /root/psa/PSA_8.0.0/update-rpm-RedHat-el4-i386/selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.110.noarch.rpm
ERROR: error while executing RPM
ERROR: Installation failed
[root@columbia plesk]#

plesk installer is trying to install/update selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.110 package. However, my RHE4 has a newer selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.126 package already installed, and plesk installed does not know how to hanlde this.

Regards,

do you also have selinux-policy-targeted-sources installed? This rpm is a new dependency, I guess if you install it manually the updater won't need to install selinux-policy-targeted .

I have removed RHE4 selinux-policy-targeted packages, restarted the plesk installer, and everything went okay. However, there was another selinux warning, but the installation went to the end:

Install package selinux-policy-targeted
unknown boolean allow_syslog_to_console
/usr/sbin/load_policy: Warning! Error while setting booleans: Invalid argument

Regards,

PSA 8.0 is still really raw. If you look in your PSA 7.5.4 CP > Updater > PSA 8.0.0 > and check release dates, you'll see that SWSoft is patching PSA 8 components every day (at the moment it's Mar 31 due to the weekend). I'm sure there'll another round of updated apps tomorrow, which is:
a) good, as it may mean SWSoft is paying attention to the feedback;
b) show-stopper, that makes smb like me rather wait for a while before they iron out bugs.
Good luck everyone.

Back