• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.1.0 and MySQL 4.1

w0ei

New Pleskian
Hi,

i almost finished upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.1.0 but there is one tiny very annoying thing not working. And that is updating the old Plesk database. When installing the 8.1.0 rpm I get this error message:
===> Installing psa database

Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database...

Trying to connect with admin account... not connected

ERROR while trying to upgrade psa database

Check the error reason(see log file:
/tmp/psa_8.1.0_fc2.build81061129.23_upgrade.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-8.1.0-fc2.build81061129.23) scriptlet failed, exit
status 1
The log file is:
===> Installing psa database
Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database...
Trying to connect with admin account... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
not connected

ERROR while trying to upgrade psa database

Aborting...

STOP psa-8.1.0-fc2.build81061129.23 upgrading AT Sun Dec 3 16:29:25 CET 2006
I tried EVERYTHING:
- multiple passwords for admin account (setup, the plesk password, empty password, all these things but then with OLD_PASSWORD, etc.)
- recreate /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
but nothing seems to be working..
- skip-grant-tables in /etc/my.cnf

If only I could see WHICH password the setup is using to connect to MySQL..

MySQL log says:
061203 17:52:38 45 Connect Access denied for user 'UNKNOWN_MYSQL_US'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
061203 17:52:41 46 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
47 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
48 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
49 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
50 Connect root@localhost on mysql
50 Quit
061203 17:52:46 51 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
52 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
53 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
54 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
061203 17:52:47 55 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
061203 17:53:58 56 Connect Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Any ideas?

Resolved?

Did you get this issue resolved? I am dealing with exactly the same thing. I just ran updater, and now the admin is down. MySQL works, but the psa install always chokes when it gets to the part it tests the MySQL server.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Resolved?

Originally posted by studioxyz
Did you get this issue resolved? I am dealing with exactly the same thing. I just ran updater, and now the admin is down. MySQL works, but the psa install always chokes when it gets to the part it tests the MySQL server.

Thanks for the help.
Actually no. It was on a VPS server and after consulting the issue with the hoster, we decided to reinstall. But that also failed, there seemed to be an error in Virtuozzo.. My hoster needed a full week to fix the error.. So I hope you don't have exactly the same problem.. :p

Hi;
try to do the following to retrieve the 'admin' password :

cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow

i had the same problem !!

I fixed it!

/etc/psa/.psa.shadow contains the correct password, however the problem did involve an authentication error when the installer script attempted to connect to mysql.

For convenience I use /root/.my.cnf to save the password for "root". This way I don't have to type my password when using mysql from the command line. The psa installer performs the mysql installation using the user "admin" and sets the environment variable MYSQL_PWD for connecting to the mysql server. Since MYSQL_PWD is less secure than .my.cnf, mysql favors the password in .my.cnf. But I have the password for "root" set to something different than the password for "admin". Obviously this led to authentication failures when the psa installer tried to connect to mysql.

If the passwords for admin and root were the same, or /root/my.cnf didn't exist, the problem would not have occurred. At least it's fixed now.

Thanks for the help!

Back