• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.1.1 firewall module

R

ricebus

Hello,

I'm trying to block the following network 59.0.0.0/8 but plesk says the syntax is wrong.
Anyone has an idea how I can fix that?

Thanks,
George

Same problem here. It would be nice if the help section was useful. It looks like someone forgot to code the "/XX" box present in the earlier versions.

Ah! I thought I was going mad. I have some servers with 7.5.4 and some with 8.1.1 and was wondering what I was doing wrong, but if it is a problem with 8.1.1. then at least I know it isn't me.

The solution is to use the APF firewall instead of Plesk's. Sure you don't have a nive GUI interface but it is actually easier to add IPs and ports to the block list.

Faris.

A better way would be to manage the firewall rule sets with something like Firewall Builder, but that's hardly the issue. If Plesk ships a firewall module, even a basic one, it should work. Especially if it worked in prior versions.

If I wanted to tack management programs together myself I wouldn't be using Plesk. (Although the money vs. laziness ratio is becoming awfully thin at this point.)

Why does it seem that Plesk is actually getting worse with each version that is put out? If it wasn't for the app vault, I'd have moved on already.

When you're specifying an IP range, you now have to use a valid IP, instead of a network address. So instead of 10.1.1.0/24, you have to enter 10.1.1.1/24.

Makes no sense, but there it is.

Thanks, that worked. Hopefully someone at swsoft changes it back to standard language. Requiring a host address when you are specifying a network is just silly. (or at the very least update the online help and document it)

Back