• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.1 Error code 5

M

m_kaviani

After upgrading plesk I faced this Error
DefPackageMng() constructor failed: defpackagemng failed: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CreateProcess 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --get"'
at execUtil C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe --get on C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin(PleskSrvClient::execUtil line 436)
at execute console command --get(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\/admin/bin/defpackagemng" --get(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:152
psaerror(string 'DefPackageMng() constructor failed: defpackagemng failed: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CreateProcess 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --get"'
at execUtil C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe --get on C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin(PleskSrvClient::execUtil line 436)
at execute console command --get(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\/admin/bin/defpackagemng" --get(vconsoleapp::run line 138)')
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DefPackageMng.php:19
defpackagemngMaker()
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ActionLog.php:490
ActionLog->submit()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php:291
createSessionAdmin(string 'admin', string '*********', boolean false)
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php:122
createSession(string 'admin', string '*********')
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3:19

Can not change the permission

Dear ripdeath987
Thanks but still I'm not able to change the permission and permission to system is full deny and not able to change it
and the button to change the permission is inactive

You probably should take ownership of that file and then assign the permissions. I also recommend running an AV scan on the server and make you have the latest MailEnable version installed (the one included in Plesk by default has several vulnerabilities in the POP3 service).

There is no Take Ownership on my win2k3 svr for this file

can xcacls or cacls do the trick?

owner is set to administrator, but I still can't change perms

Right click on the file > Properties > click on the 'Security' tab > Advanced > click on the 'Owner' tab.

You should see the 'Current owner of this item' and it should be Administrators (SERVERNAME\Administrators). If it's not, you can change the owner to 'Administrators' by selecting the appropriate group from the 'Change owner to:' list and click apply. If your Administrator user is not in the list, you can add it.

Also, make sure that the Administrator account has full privileges on the file.

Back