1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.1 Error code 5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by m_kaviani, Jan 13, 2007.

1. m_kaviani

m_kaviani Guest

After upgrading plesk I faced this Error
    DefPackageMng() constructor failed: defpackagemng failed: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CreateProcess 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --get"'
    at execUtil C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe --get on C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin(PleskSrvClient::execUtil line 436)
    at execute console command --get(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
    at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\/admin/bin/defpackagemng" --get(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:152
    psaerror(string 'DefPackageMng() constructor failed: defpackagemng failed: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CreateProcess 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --get"'
    at execUtil C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe --get on C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin(PleskSrvClient::execUtil line 436)
    at execute console command --get(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
    at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\/admin/bin/defpackagemng" --get(vconsoleapp::run line 138)')
    1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DefPackageMng.php:19
    defpackagemngMaker()
    2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.ActionLog.php:490
    ActionLog->submit()
    3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php:291
    createSessionAdmin(string 'admin', string '*********', boolean false)
    4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\cmd_loginup.php:122
    createSession(string 'admin', string '*********')
    5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3:19

2. ripdeath987

ripdeath987 Guest

3. m_kaviani

m_kaviani Guest

Can not change the permission

Dear ripdeath987
    Thanks but still I'm not able to change the permission and permission to system is full deny and not able to change it
    and the button to change the permission is inactive

4. Bogdan

Bogdan Guest

You probably should take ownership of that file and then assign the permissions. I also recommend running an AV scan on the server and make you have the latest MailEnable version installed (the one included in Plesk by default has several vulnerabilities in the POP3 service).

5. chulbert

chulbert Guest

There is no Take Ownership on my win2k3 svr for this file

can xcacls or cacls do the trick?

owner is set to administrator, but I still can't change perms

6. Bogdan

Bogdan Guest

Right click on the file > Properties > click on the 'Security' tab > Advanced > click on the 'Owner' tab.

You should see the 'Current owner of this item' and it should be Administrators (SERVERNAME\Administrators). If it's not, you can change the owner to 'Administrators' by selecting the appropriate group from the 'Change owner to:' list and click apply. If your Administrator user is not in the list, you can add it.

Also, make sure that the Administrator account has full privileges on the file.