1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.1 SMTP Error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PE-Steve, Nov 30, 2006.

1. PE-Steve

PE-Steve Guest

Hello,

We're having a bit of an email problem since the upgrade from 8.0.1 to 8.1. Our email relaying is set to use SMTP authentication, although the SMTP server rejects passwords in Plain Text but works when using CRAM-MD5 password encryption.

Any ideas to temporarily fix this, as well as [hopefully] information from SWSoft on whether this will be fixed or not.

Regards,
    Steve

2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Guest

what distro are you running plesk on?
    anyone else is having this issue?
    that is surelly a no-go for me, i guess most of my users are using plain auth... if that stops working my helpdesk will become a mess!

3. PE-Steve

PE-Steve Guest

Running CentOS4.2. We, along with our datacenter, looked at it for hours and the only fix we could find for it was CRAM-MD5.

-Steve

4. nb__

nb__ Guest

May be you're using encrypted passwords for mailnames?

5. davegarbs

davegarbs Guest

Sure, but where is that option in Plesk?

6. nb__

nb__ Guest

Encrypted password can be created using creation utilities only. Refer to /usr/local/psa/bin directory.