• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.1 : Upgrade MYSQL to 4.1 or 5 ?

F

fgilain

Hi all,

Now that my Plesk server is in 8.1.0 version...i'd like to upgrade MYSQL t oa more recent version....let's say 4.1 or 5 (why not ?)

But i'm not really a Linux GURU and i suppose there may have many problems to do this ? i have read on the FAQ of SWSoft few articles speaking about dependencies problems without giving a solution for beginner like me...

NB : I bought Plesk in order to not to have to compile or...re-compile anything ;-((

Florent

It is still in testing correct?

I read somewhere on Atomic turtle forum, mysql 5.0 for psa8.1 is still bleeding (meaning not yet officially released ) correct?

Well its not so much in testing/bleeding because its bad, its just that when I move it to the atomic channel its going to cause a lot of problems for the folks running 7.5.4 (which includes me). I went through similar pain when I moved php 5 down into atomic. I'm not prepared to deal with the torrent of emails thats going to ensue when I push that down. Short term I'll probably move mysql 5 into atomic-testing in the next week or so.

Back