• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.2.0.1 for Windows Update is released

sergius

Golden Pleskian
Plesk 8.2.0.2 for Windows Update is released

Gentlemen,

Plesk 8.2.0.1 for Windows Update is released.

Download Plesk 8.2.0.1 for Windows Update 070919.13
Look at Release Notes

3.1. Update 070909.13
[-] Hotlink protection on subdomains is fixed
[-] Hotlink protection on *.swf files is fixed
[-] Security vulnerability is fixed
[-] Disabling domains in hMailServer is fixed
[-] FTP traffic stats in AWstats is fixed
[-] Restoring of backups made on Plesk 7.5.6 is fixed
[-] API RPC. "Wrong hosting type" error is fixed
[-] API RPC. Changing client general info is fixed
[+] PHP OpenSSL extension is added
[-] Pipe connection attempts count (PipeConnectTryCount) is added
[-] Restoring backups made with Sitebuilder installed to Plesk without Sitebuilder is fixed
[-] SPAM filtering is fixed
[-] Ignoring domain aliases by AWstats is fixed
[-] SSL tunnel issue is repaired on hotfix installation
[-] Unnecessary domains dumping by CLI backup tool is fixed
[-] API RPC. Return codes on remote DB server operations are fixed
[*] Domains/your-domain.com/Mail page opens faster now
[-] Changing admin password via plesksrvclient.exe tool is fixed
[-] MSSQL DB size count is fixed
[-] Setting server-wide SpamAssassin settings is fixed

Sergius,

can you guys please fix the problem with mailbox quota with smartermail? If I want to allow a domain user to have a mailbox quota 5GB it does not allow me, I think the max is 2GB, also when I try to use a strong password for smarterstats and smartermail like W%24$@%^ it does not work. Please have this fixed ASAP.

after installing 8.2.0.1 update, every time I try to add/remove/reconfigure plesk, the installer downloads around 10~ files (like ClientMySQL.msi, Apache.msi, MailEnableStandard.exe and so on) several times. and it always shows checksum error after downloading.

anyone has this issue?

hm, strange...
did you try use manual installation?
i mean not autoinstaller

Originally posted by henry
Sergius,

can you guys please fix the problem with mailbox quota with smartermail? If I want to allow a domain user to have a mailbox quota 5GB it does not allow me, I think the max is 2GB

Yep, thank you for the report. We will fix it as soon as possible.

Originally posted by henry
also when I try to use a strong password for smarterstats and smartermail like W%24$@%^ it does not work. Please have this fixed ASAP.

We will consider this feature.
Now you may use Plesk option Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary on page Plesk > Server > Mail

notices

My opinion is to not install it.

After installation:

1) it uses bind as dns server whatever u have choose in server components.I have Simple dns it is checked as DNS component and after installation all ports 53 at all ips of server are taken from Bind.
2) There is a problem at firewall also, it causes firewall to disable all exceptions that are in advanced tab of firewall (firewall>advanced)

After uses script of http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1717 to repair WMI can not any more use anymore sql server configuration manager (receiving an error that can not connect to WMI).Also sql server surface area configuration does not work any more.

This is last time i use an update from swsoft before many try it

manos

hMailServer forwarding

I know this thread is probably dead but...

hMailserver STILL can't forward and delete properly. This is an EASY fix and I would say that probably 98% of all forward request I have had from my customers have been a foward and delete request.

This feature does work because Plesk uses the "RULES" feature of hMailServer to do forwarding. It adds a rule "IF MESSAGESIZE > 0 Forward Email" by default.

This is actually not the way to forward in hMailServer. Each account in the server admin has a "Forwarding" tab and allows you to easily forward to one address and either keep the original message or not. So you could have plesk fill that in but it doesn't allow forwarding to multiple addresses and as easy as this fix would be to implement, it is probably a harder fix then the approach to fixing this problem.

Your current RULES solution works great but if someone would like to forward and delete. Simply add a second action to the rule for deleting the message. If the person wants to forward and store the messages then don't add the delete action. THIS IS THE EASIEST fix for this problem and seems to provide the greatest versatility.

This "BUG" is really annoying. We LOVE hMailserver. We don't want to switch to another server. Right now everytime I set up a forward for a customer I have to manually go into hMailServer administrator. Find that account and add Delete Mail to the action list of the rule that plesk setup for forwarding.

Is there ANY WAY I can get this submitted to the right people. I swear the fix would take 5 minutes and it can almost be done without testing because it's that minor of a change.

Back