• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.2 and Qmail Issue

J

jcoulter105

I just finished upgrading my Plesk 8.1.1 to 8.2 and am now having a problem with QMail. After the installation, the SMTP (QMail) server is not running and will not start.

I've tried rebooting, same problem. I've tried turning off some of the other services and restarting one-by-one, same problem.

I called GoDaddy (yes, I know, groan) and they "looked" at the problem. According to them, Plesk updater did not upgrade to the latest version of QMail but is trying to load the latest version anyway.

Other than dumping GoDaddy, any suggestions on what I can do to get SMTP back up and running.

Thanks!
Jon

Some additional information, based on another thread further down a bit.

I had "Switch on spam protection based on DNS blackhole lists" turned on (which I want). I did this today, but I honestly can't remember if I turned it on before or after upgrading to 8.2.

Anyway, I turned it off and wa-LA, SMTP starting working.

However, even after rebooting I can not turn "Switch on spam protection based on DNS blackhole lists" back on. Doing so turns SMTP back off.

I would still like any thoughts on getting both working at the same time. :D

Jon

I dont know why, but QMail crashes since 8.2 / debian etch upgrade ...

... anybody else has this issue?

My fault ... seems as if the qmhandle script (cronjob) crashed the qmail :)

I had the same problem with Qmail not working after upgrading 8.1 to the latest version. I opened a support ticket with APlus.net and in less then 6 hours they had the problem resolved, here is the email they sent me:

The SMTP stopped running since the RBL check made qmail to respond verry slow and Plesk considered it as dead. The option was removed and the service is running fine now.

I hope this helps you and others, this also worked on my 8.2 server at the Planet but they could not fix the problem, so I am moving all my servers to APlus.net.

rblsmtpd does DNS queries to the RBL servers listed in your mail configuration .

If/when those services are unavailable, then your SMTP server will come to a crawl .

A few options here. Make sure you are using RBL services that are reliable and/or disable RBL services in your mail config.

Back