• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3 to 8.3 upgrade package

O

ogeorgi

Hi everybody,

[Update]
Sorry, I guess I have put this topic in wrong forum, should be troubleshooting section.
[/Update]

I did the 8.3 Plesk (12/18/07) upgrade last week when it was available first time. Then - when I tried to upgrade another system over Christmas days 8.3 upgrade was no longer available. So I checked this morning - and it was up again.

Checking Plesk 8.3 upgrade on machines having 8.3 installed right now I can see some new packages (12/24/07) - these are:
# Base packages of Plesk
# Plesk Updater
# Plesk API [former Plesk Agent]
# Plesk migration manager
# Plesk Backup Manager

But now when I try to upgrade system to these I get a license error:
(German message) Fehler: Installation wurde nicht gestartet: (error: installation was not started)
Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
The installation will not continue.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support..

License check in Plesk says everything is OK (valid until June 29, 2008).

OK, what to do now? Contact technical support of my provider or SWSoft Plesk support?

More information - I got "Plesk autoupdate failure report" sent by Autoinstaller:
Need key update for component base from version 1.0.0-suse10.0.build83071218.20 to '8.0'
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.
Exchanging information with licensing server.base
Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK003294690007 to version=1.0.0
Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Please, contact product technical support.

Oliver

Hi everybody,

[Update]
Sorry, I guess I have put this topic in wrong forum, should be troubleshooting section.
[/Update]

I did the 8.3 Plesk (12/18/07) upgrade last week when it was available first time. Then - when I tried to upgrade another system over Christmas days 8.3 upgrade was no longer available. So I checked this morning - and it was up again.

Checking Plesk 8.3 upgrade on machines having 8.3 installed right now I can see some new packages (12/24/07) - these are:
# Base packages of Plesk
# Plesk Updater
# Plesk API [former Plesk Agent]
# Plesk migration manager
# Plesk Backup Manager

But now when I try to upgrade system to these I get a license error:
(German message) Fehler: Installation wurde nicht gestartet: (error: installation was not started)
Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Please, contact product technical support..

License check in Plesk says everything is OK (valid until June 29, 2008).

OK, what to do now? Contact technical support of my provider or SWSoft Plesk support?

More information - I got "Plesk autoupdate failure report" sent by Autoinstaller:
Need key update for component base from version 1.0.0-suse10.0.build83071218.20 to '8.0'
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.
Exchanging information with licensing server.base
Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK003294690007 to version=1.0.0
Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Please, contact product technical support.

Oliver

As a workaround you can use autoinstaller from console (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller). It will say something like "Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded." Do you want to continue?
It's just a cosmetic warning
just type "Yes" and the update will be installed.

The bug is reproduced only in 8.3.0-Base component -> 8.3.0-Base component update from CP.
Fixed autoinstaller will be publicly available soon.

Back