• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.4.0.1 Update is released

sergius

Golden Pleskian
We've released Plesk 8.4.0.1 Update.

It's available via autoupdater and via website as VZ templates.
Current VZ STD templates patch-level is p1.

Changelog

1. Horde Kronolith update to 2.1.8
2. mail_auth_dump does not create/update passwd.db in case of libdb4.4=4.4.20-8.1ubuntu3.1 is installed
3. After upgrade 8.3 > 8.4 smtp relay authorization force to STMPAUTH
4. After upgrade to 840 inetd configs have default values as for clean install. psa-qmail-rblsmtpd rewrites configs
5. Missed env SHORTNAMES=1 in smpt_psa after upgrade Plesk 8.3 > Plesk8.4
6. Remove Plesk files from xinetd.d and from Plesk utils

Oh my freaking god! You guys told us there wasn't a problem now I see item #3? Way to go...

I was excited, until I tested the Google redirect - still has the same rediorect errors:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at ip-208-109-248-176.ip.secureserver.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<david.calderwood@****.com>:
handlers permanentfail

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <david.calderwood@****.com>
Received: (qmail 13365 invoked by uid 110); 25 May 2008 20:21:45 -0400
Delivered-To: 6-postmaster@****.com
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.3 (2007-08-08) on
ip-208-.ip.secureserver.net
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-100.0 required=4.0 tests=USER_IN_WHITELIST
autolearn=ham version=3.2.3
Received: (qmail 13351 invoked from network); 25 May 2008 20:21:44 -0400
Received: from fk-out-0910.google.com (209.85.128.190)
by ip-.ip.secureserver.net with SMTP; 25 May 2008 20:21:44 -0400
Received-SPF: pass (ip-.ip.secureserver.net: SPF record at _spf.google.com designates 209.85.128.190 as permitted sender)
Received: by fk-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id k31so1670401fkk.11
for <postmaster@***.com>; Sun, 25 May 2008 17:21:51 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition;
bh=+RJMJLjcLVXmOvxwLM6a4+PYXxmS6TLEk6VqUAI6vrc=;
b=PqH4sd3OWOMzYAGMeGoYZXvI+mFFhBgwRj9IhHZfPdvym0UswziW5D+zAGaK75BoRm22pmypIjnXg/cnG5hi/UGa3l+We8NRwv/wvyKVhegvVwe4Gd4WMChkZFgLZFZIK9JohDeiQ3DXIF2vaKLd22EHGIqMoErzxcAHC9dtDWw=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition;
b=alOLeaAMrqpjgBKKdk3WegvtasRUEH9P7J60t0NnL77ByofvPmBR4k08c+zuOd9tXKXVNTCWNh6Gy8K+XHW6DKBKtgVb0NQeB8DRds3QcKSZmz4YT88uUZ4uQPmHGw4UqaV7RVq7gjoVWNXM+4VnftKoi4m5UuxkcVn48CNBwVo=
Received: by 10.78.134.6 with SMTP id h6mr406917hud.68.1211761311718;
Sun, 25 May 2008 17:21:51 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.78.192.7 with HTTP; Sun, 25 May 2008 17:21:51 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 20:21:51 -0400
Reply-To: david@*****.com
To: postmaster@****.com
Subject: test to ep from gp
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
- Show quoted text -

Last edited:
You should check out the File Manager WYSIWYG. You can't upload an image within your domain's file structure. The directory is within /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/spaw/uploads. It should reference /var/www/vhosts/$DOMAINNAME$/httpdocs/picture_library and it does not. You can't even add images that are already within your domain's image library.

I already posted this in the troubleshooting forum, but I think it belongs here:

Plesk: 8.4.0 -> 8.4.0.1

and i get the following errors:

Code:
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa' attributes : No such file or directory
System error 2: No such file or directory
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa' attributes : No such file or directory
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa' attributes : No such file or directory
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa' attributes : No such file or directory

and why does the installer delete these files earlier?

Code:
 Trying to replace files and set up right permissions...  Trying to remove old xinetd.d entries... removed `/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa'
removed `/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa'
done
so.... what to do?

thanks for any help.

hello

are they serious???? they have not fixed this severe issue and neither provided templates for all OS's???

well we will switch to Cpanel very soon. we are tired of hundreds of bugs they offer.

really now guys I can't beleive that you knew of this error weeks ago and still let clients like me update (on sat) to 8.4.0 with no immediate fix!!!

to reitereate, it would be nice to have a CentOS5 version of 8.4.0.1 to fix the email auth problem ASAP.

Hi,

Yes this really annoyed a lot of my customers too, I have an active support agreement and it took all day with no response. Customers were going crazy. After a bit of playing around I found I could solve it by going to Mail > Relay Options > Untick Pop3 Lock Time. Save the settings then re-enable it.

OS is CentOS 5

Worked for me.

Cheers

Matt

no update for Centos5?

Hmmm... It works fine for me.
8.4.0.1 is not a separate Plesk version in autoinstaller (page where you choose what version you whish to install)

8.4.0.1 mean "an update for Plesk 8.4.0 'Base' component"
try to check updates for Plesk 8.4.0 version in autoinstaller
after update installation psa-hotfix4 package should persists on your system.

Need to hire one to fix the email problems

Being suffer from not sending out email after upgrade to 8.4.0, I need the professionals helps. I want to hire one can help me to fix the email problem. Please helps.

Back