• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.4 - what's new?

H

Hal9000

Just saw there is Plesk 8.4 in the updater. However I can't find any release notes.
What is new in this version? I guess nothing...

What's new in Plesk 8.4.0 (based on the What's New inside Plesk) :

- Simplified installation of site applications. All site applications are sorted by categories, which makes it easier to choose the right application to install.

- DomainKeys support. Now you can use DomainKeys e-mail sender authentication mechanism to reduce the amount of spam and phishing e-mails that are sent to your customers. For more information, refer to the chapter Setting Up Spam Protection.

- Updated components used with Plesk Control Panel. The latest versions of the following software can be used with Plesk Control Panel: Acronis True Image Server 9.5, Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.2, Horde 3.1.7, SPAW 2.0 (editing software used in Plesk File Manager), Adobe ColdFusion 8.

- 4PSA VoipNow software support. The VoIP solution developed by 4PSA is now fully supported by Plesk Control Panel. For information about 4PSA VoipNow, refer to http://www.4psa.com/index.php?pcat=p...ag=4psavoipnow

And 2 others things :

- You can choose to have database name with the customer name.
- You can "protect" the DNS

And "much more", "bigger" parallels & virtuozzo ads everywhere on plesk panel :)

Attachments

• Spam.png
    Spam.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 381
Just saw there is Plesk 8.4 in the updater. However I can't find any release notes.
What is new in this version? I guess nothing...

[+] Web application categories - All web applications are now sorted by categories, which makes it easier to choose the right application to install.
[+] Application Packaging Standard (APS) CGI support - Complete support of APS CGI applications.
[+] DomainKeys support - You can use DomainKeys e-mail sender authentication system to reduce the amount of spam and phishing e-mails that are sent to your customers.
[+] Database users prefix - To make managing database users easier, new database users can be created with corresponding client username added to database user name as a prefix.
[+] Forbidding creation of domains in foreign DNS zones - Plesk now has an option to allow or forbid users to create new subdomains and domain aliases in the DNS zones belonging to other users.
[+] Component updates - Updates for multiple built-in third-party components, including:
Horde 3.1.7 and its components
ProFTPD 1.3.1
SPAW 2.0
[+] 4PSA VoipNow integration - Plesk 8.4 provides integration with 4PSA VoipNow
[+] openSuSE 10.3 support - Plesk 8.4 can be installed on openSuSE 10.3
[+] Fedora 8 support - Plesk 8.4 can be installed on Fedora 8
[+] Maximum number of recipients restriction in Qmail - Server administrator can limit maximum number of mail recipients to prevent users from sending mass e-mail.
[+] Adobe Coldfusion 8 support - Plesk now supports Adobe Coldfusion 8
[+] New Plesk Control Panel events - New API events generated upon domain and client template creation, update or removal are available.
[-] Numerous bugs were resolved.

[+] Maximum number of recipients restriction in Qmail - Server administrator can limit maximum number of mail recipients to prevent users from sending mass e-mail.

Where can we find this setting ?

Thanks.

Ironic that we can now check for "DomainKeys" on incoming email, but we cannot conform to the DomainKeys specification ourselves with the outgoing email sent from the server.

Will they ever implement this?

Ironic that we can now check for "DomainKeys" on incoming email, but we cannot conform to the DomainKeys specification ourselves with the outgoing email sent from the server.

Will they ever implement this?

I believe I read this is possible also yesterday.

'Setting Up Spam Protection Based on DomainKeys' says:

To switch on spam protection based on DomainKeys:
1. Click the Server shortcut in the navigation pane.
2. Click the Mail icon in the Services group.
3. Under the DomainKeys spam protection group, select the following options:
- Allow signing outgoing mail. Selecting this option allows you and your customers to switch on support for DomainKeys e-mail signing on a per-domain basis through the domain administration screens of the control panel (Domains > domain name > Mail > Preferences > Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing e-mail messages option). It does not automatically switch on signing of outgoing e-mail messages.
- Verify incoming mail. Selecting this option will configure the DomainKeys system to check all e-mail messages coming to e-mail users under all domains hosted on the server.
4. Click OK.

Now your mail server will check all incoming e-mail messages to ensure that they come from the claimed senders. All messages, sent from the domains that use DomainKeys to sign e-mail, which fail verification will be discarded. All messages, sent from the domains that do not participate in the DomainKeys program and do not sign e-mail, will be accepted without verifying.

To switch on signing outgoing e-mail messages for a single domain:
1. Go to Domains > domain name > Mail > Preferences.
2. Select the Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing e-mail messages check box.
3. Click OK.

To switch on signing outgoing e-mail messages for a number of domains at once:
1. Click Domains.
2. Select the check boxes to the left of the domain names you need. To select all domains in the list, select the upper left check box in the column heading.
3. Click Group Operations.
4. Under Preferences, select the Switch on option next to the Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing e-mail messages field.
5. Click OK.

Now, the following will happen for the selected domains:
- Private keys are generated and placed in the server's database.
- Public keys are generated and placed in the TXT resource records created in the domains' DNS zones.
- The sender's policy advertised in the DNS TXT resource records is set to "all e-mail messages sent from this domain must be cryptographically signed; if someone receives an e-mail message claiming to originate from this domain, which is not signed, then this e-mail must be discarded."
- Outgoing e-mail messages are digitally signed: the "DomainKeys-Signature" header containing a signature based on a private key is added to the message headers.

So it is possible to use DomainKeys on outgoing mail.

Yeah it's great to see they have finally properly implemented the DomainKeys specification. Very easy to setup too. I can confirm it works.

A good surprise since it wasn't expected until Plesk 9.

Well done Parallels!

Upgrade and install Plesk options & modules disappears in autoinstaller and Plesk panel after upgrade or install 4.0

The following product versions are available:

1. [ ] (is sitebuilder but appear blank)
2. [*] SSO
3. (*) SSO 2.0 (currently installed)

I'm having this same problem with 8.4.0 not being listed in the updater now. In fact, if I go to the updater in the control panel it says "No releases available" and doesn't list anything there. I just checked the update site http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ and it looks to me like there aren't even 8.4.0 packages there. Did the update site change with the new release maybe? Maybe they haven't synced up all the repositories yet or something. Anyone know what URL the older releases were using for update information?

Kelly Shutt

[+] Database users prefix - To make managing database users easier, new database users can be created with corresponding client username added to database user name as a prefix.

For this item it will by default truncate the clients username to 5 characters. I found no where in the UI to modify this setting, but you can change it directly in PSA database.

Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "insert into misc  values('db_user_length',10)"

EDIT - it also looks like it has been pulled, its no longer appearing in the GUI updater.

NO 8.4 in my updater , only 8.3 ?? maybe will have to wait for the upgrade to show up ..

yeah looks like it has been pulled, most likely becuase of all the people suddenly having "problems" after the upgrade - if it even completes.

Given the SwSoft mantra of updates and releases, I would never upgrade a production machine the first two weeks after a release, it will most likely kill your machine, and your customers will get pissed.

Upgrade and install Plesk options & modules disappears in autoinstaller and Plesk panel after upgrade or install 4.0

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We need to block access to 8.4 Autoinstaller for couple of days.
During this time, those who has managed to upgrade the product will not be able to get other updates.
Please check the official announcements on the Parallels site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back