1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PLESK 8.6 and MSSQL 2008??

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by henry@, Aug 10, 2008.

1. henry@

henry@ Guest

Sergius,

can PLESK 8.6 work on and with SQL Server 2008?

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello henry,

Plesk 8.6 does not support SQL Server 2008 properly yet.
    It will be fixed in the next version.

3. henry@

henry@ Guest

Thank you Sergius for the update? Did you have the chance to check my other topic about the php issue on win 2008 server?

4. wayne_fridman

wayne_fridman Guest

hi sergius,

do you have any idea when Parallels is going to release the newest Plesk that supports SQL Server 2008?

5. henry@

henry@ Guest

Plesk 8.6 and MSSQL 2008 works just fine

Actually I am running Plesk 8.6 on MSSQL 2008 ENT without ANY problems.

6. wayne_fridman

wayne_fridman Guest

hi henry

what type of OS are you loading together with MSSQL 2008 and Plesk 8.6?

Is that Windows Server 2008? If it is Windows 2008, what version? Web, Enterprise, data centre?

I read so many horror stories about Plesk 8.6 on Windows Server 2008, is this correct? Please clarify...

7. henry@

henry@ Guest

Win2008

I am running win 2008 Ent with MSSQL Ent and have NO problems at all. I am not using any build in stats like awatats or others. Smarterstats 4.4 amd smartermail 5.5 are installed on the server and everything runns very smooth and no known problems at all. You can add me to your IM if you like to discuss more.

my hotmail id is: henrykusa@hotmail.com and yahoo id is: wwwfulldatecom

Henryk

8. wayne_fridman

wayne_fridman Guest

thanks henry.

i truly appreciate your help. I actually want to make sure that sql server 2008 is already stable on win server 2008

9. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

I am running a test box with windows 2008 std and ms sql 2008 std and so far have not ran into any issues in testing. With that said its not a productino box so its possible a lot will get missed, but so far I have no issues.