1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8 and server load

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jusu313, May 16, 2006.

1. jusu313

jusu313 Guest

Eversince upgrading to Plesk 8 one our server load goes up and down like crazy to the point that sometimes you can not even browse the sites. Anyone else has been experiencing this?

Server specs:
    Centos 4.3
    Plesk 8

2. verybad

verybad Guest

I see somewhere else it might be spamassassin otherwise have a look at unusual processes.

3. jusu313

jusu313 Guest

I have been having the same issue, and it is related to a kernel version. Are you running kernel-2.6.9-22 or kernel-2.6.9-34

4. troymc

troymc Guest

I had this same problem with the default kernel with CentOS. I subscribed to ASL through ART and updated my kernel and everything has been great ever since. I am now running 2.6.11-9.art and the problem kernel for me was 2.6.9-22, but I think 2.6.9-34 may show those same issues.

5. jusu313

jusu313 Guest

Nice!! I will subscribe to ASL as well. Sounds like a great service by AtomicTurtle.

6. phatPhrog

phatPhrog Guest

Server Load

We upgraded to SAS 3.x and the server load went down, but we also found mod_security was causing problems.

If you use the gotroot rules, be sure not to overload mod_security with rules you don't need. That will add to server load.

And be sure to install/upgrade to mod_security 1.9.4>