• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 and server load

J

jusu313

Eversince upgrading to Plesk 8 one our server load goes up and down like crazy to the point that sometimes you can not even browse the sites. Anyone else has been experiencing this?

Server specs:
Centos 4.3
Plesk 8

I see somewhere else it might be spamassassin otherwise have a look at unusual processes.

I have been having the same issue, and it is related to a kernel version. Are you running kernel-2.6.9-22 or kernel-2.6.9-34

I had this same problem with the default kernel with CentOS. I subscribed to ASL through ART and updated my kernel and everything has been great ever since. I am now running 2.6.11-9.art and the problem kernel for me was 2.6.9-22, but I think 2.6.9-34 may show those same issues.

Originally posted by troymc
I had this same problem with the default kernel with CentOS. I subscribed to ASL through ART and updated my kernel and everything has been great ever since. I am now running 2.6.11-9.art and the problem kernel for me was 2.6.9-22, but I think 2.6.9-34 may show those same issues.

Nice!! I will subscribe to ASL as well. Sounds like a great service by AtomicTurtle.

Server Load

We upgraded to SAS 3.x and the server load went down, but we also found mod_security was causing problems.

If you use the gotroot rules, be sure not to overload mod_security with rules you don't need. That will add to server load.

And be sure to install/upgrade to mod_security 1.9.4>

Back