• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 Licence

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
I am running 7.54 and backup manager shows 8.0 is available. Will my licence automatically support V8?

no, you need a new key. You will get a new key automatically if your SUS is still active. There have been reports of failed installs due to key update problems, you might better update your key manually and then update Plesk.

i updated plesk before and my serverprovider wont update my key...

need a suggestion to downgradee :(

can anybody help me?

Not with 1&1 are you?

Personally I think the Plesk Interface should not show V8 as an option if the licence key won't support it.

I'm with 1and1 (their german office) and I had no problem updating my server to 8.0

then again, this server was only recently activated, so that might be the reason for it..

We have a 1and1 server but don't have the Plesk 8 option yet here in the USA.

[edit]

Correction: after upgrading the latest base package the 8.0 version upgrade appeared in the updater.

For those who have 1and1 (in German), what system have you installed?

I'm running a Suse, Plesk 7.5.4 and I'm kind a nervous about an update...

suse 9.3 64bit with 7.54 - upgraded to 8.0

but im gonna try a fc4 install :)

FD3. My upgrade went without any problems apart from I had to make a simlink from the /opt dir because the installer said the opt dir was too small.

BEWARE!!!!!! V8.0 does not have any domain FTP backup. Plesk have removed this option you can only backup to the server itself. It virtually renders the system useless.

same here with /opt symlink.

what bugs me about the new backup tools is that I cant use my old script anymore :(

makes me really sad, cause it worked perfectly with 7.5.4 and didnt **** out all the time like the web based one does.

see http://exchange.deecyne.com/create_backup.sh.txt if you're still running 7.5.4.

I'm gonna try and see how 8 does the backups and automate that proces...

Originally posted by Pagemakers
FD3. My upgrade went without any problems apart from I had to make a simlink from the /opt dir because the installer said the opt dir was too small.

BEWARE!!!!!! V8.0 does not have any domain FTP backup. Plesk have removed this option you can only backup to the server itself. It virtually renders the system useless.

Mine is saying the same:
ERROR: Not enough space for product installation: In directory /opt the are 300 Mb is required but available only 208 Mb.

How did you do the simlink? And what do you mean with the ftp?

change the path of the temp files before updating:

server -> updater -> preferences -> Temporary download directory

this way you solve the small /opt problem.

Originally posted by eilko

Unfortunately not, the path in ther is: /home/psa

Actually the script downloads the files, but the installation doesn't proceed because of the error. :/

Originally posted by eilko

Sadly not. Changing that makes no difference!

I see, it is not the temp directory but the install directory. Then I would edit /etc/psa/psa.conf and move
PRODUCT_ROOT_D to a better path.

does this have ANY consequences?? Will something not work properly?

I think this would make fail plesk.. i mean this is the path were everything is installed. :(

IGNORE MY POST

changing the PRODUCT_ROOT_D path is not as easy as changing the VHOST path.... :(

Back